• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Hugs for veterans

In the United States this is Memorial Day Weekend, when we pause to remember all that have given thier lives in service to their country, and thank those veterans still with us as well as those still serving.

I am told that veterans like hugs. So all of ya'll that have served your nation (even if its not mine) or are now, I would like to give you a big virtual hug.

I'll pass you a virtual beer and a grilled hot dog, too, some potato salad, cole slaw, baked beans, grilled corn on the cob, and a big ol' slice of watermelon, and a glass of sweet tea. If win the lottery I'll invite ya'll down and make it real, but for now you can have it virtual! ;)

And I will remember one special man, Charles McLeod, who served in WWII, and was an inspiration to me and everyone who met him. Thanks, Mac!

And hopefully this post will continue through tomorrow and in our thoughts every day.

Salute to all veterans!

{Thanks, Grandpa.}

And a salute to all enlisted men and women! It is too late to tell those who have passed how we feel but for those who still stand in harms way, you are not forgotten and are appreciated. Sincerely, Ann

I come from a long line of military men...I think every generation has done their duty for god and country...

the blood shed by our ancestors has made it possible for us to have the freedoms we take for granted today...

Personally I think battle hardened men and women deserve something very special. That something very special is our respect, love and time. Time being that special moments of stories that family shall pass on for ever.

I will regret the day that I cannot chat to and learn from a war vet.

I agree with all that's been said, also from a long line of military men. Thanks to all past and current who serve that we can have the freedoms we enjoy.

I would like to add my thanks to our vets too.

Also a big welcome to all of you from this veteran. It was my pleasure to serve.

Back