• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

soil Is MG soil worth it?

My question would be to some of these people that think their way is superior or easier...what if I told you I live smack dab in the middle of the San Joaquin Valley and I just plant the seed in the ground, add water and nothing else and get some of the heathiest plants in the world? Then what? I think things have more to do with the enviroment way more than it has to do with soil. Some plants love humisity, if you live in Phoenix Arizona...how the heck are you gonna provide humidity to your plants? I'm sure there's a way but what if I told you it's easier to just move to a part of the US that is near the gulf coast?

Uhm, it's really not that easy, is it?

this is more fitting
link

Pab bro I want saying that the whole world knows about MG... I was looking at your "location" WA? where is WA?

Sorry if I sounded belittling, but that's why I said "sorry if I sound like a jerk"
I though you said you never heard of Miracle Grow and I was a little shocked. They are a GIGANTIC MULTI NATIOAL TIRANT so I assumed every one over the age of 13 would know about them. Clearly I was wrong... My bad!

Like they say, "assuming makes an ass out of u and me."

I think the title "Is MG soil worth it?" is a little dangerous... This is a prime example of why it would make sense to have sub-forums for Synthetic, Hydro, and Organic.

Some other titles that are potentially volitile
Organic vs Synthetic
anything with MG in it
Best pesticides

Sure would be nice to have a place where the MG guys could go and not have to hear the organic preachers like my self talk about Monsanto.

And it would be nice to have a place where the Organic people wouldn't have to feel like they got to save the world from Monsanto.

Growing hot peppers:
| GLOGS | SYNTETIC | ORGANIC | HYDRO |

Sorry THP for bringing that up again. I dont want to be a PITA, I just want to make THP a better place.

I guess I am old, I am used to discussing a point without Google.

I like experience, my experience.

I know this is weird, but until 2 years ago I never knew about MG compost at all.
I knew they did a fertiliser which I saw in the garden centre, but obviously the adverts ain't that prominent this side of the pond.
It is only because of the internet I became aware of it, and now I see it all over. OMG is it expensive!
Whether it is any good or not, I'm not sure but as a beginner I would be tempted to try it. Once you learn a bit more then it is less of a temptation, but we all have to start somewhere.
One strange thing, and feel free to look it up, I did, is that there is a misconception that Scotts is owned by Monsanto, it isn't!

I don't understand why you are coming at me lilcholo...I just made a post with a suggestion....did that piss you off?

Just how sure are you about everyone having a recycliong facility near them?

wasn't written to everybody, rather was written to the person that started this thread and lives in St. Augustine, Florida....

As to your question....why not make our own soil? again, wasn't written to everyone...was written to the thread owner...

1. Not all of us have the time.
2. Not all of us have a recycling center.
3. Not all of us have the knowledge or time to get that knowledge.
4. Not all of us have the tools/equipment
5. Why work at something that's already made for you?
6. It's like asking why don't we ALWAYS cook our own food? Do you? matter of fact, I do
7. Some say it's cheaper yet, if you have to drive over here to get compost, then drive over there to get sand, then drive that way to get mulch, how much cheaper is it and you've already spent more time trying to make something you thought was cheaper because you're not including the time nor the gas you spent, etc, etc, etc...? And is it really that much better?

There are so many variables that it's rediculous for people to say it's much better, cheaper and easier this way....because for some it may be true but for others that live 100 miles away from a major city...uhm....YOU ARE WRONG! Should I just tell the people at the recycling center to fill up my motorcycle bags with compost or maybe I should pay a dumptruck service a couple grand to go dump it in my backyard 100 miles away.

Sorry, but not everything is as simple as others try to make it out to be because not everybody has a truck or lives near a recycling center or simply has the time. There are many reason for these types of forums...to learn, to communicate with others that share the same hobby, and to hope you come across someone else that is the exact same shoes you are in but already gained the knowledge and experience that you have yet to achieve and maybe they will share that knowledge and experience with us so we don't make the same mistakes they had to go through.

If I ask about Miracle Gro....that means I want to know about Miracle gro...not about soil from Japan or Alaska, or be told Miracle Gro is an inferior product, etc, etc, etc...

[background=rgb(255, 250, 242)]d[/background][background=rgb(255, 250, 242)]idn't I respond about MG?....."the only thing bad about the MG potting mixes is that they contain time release fertilize and release the nitrogen pretty quick...that's why you get a good green flush to begin with, but the N is gone pretty quickly and you will need to fertilize also"..[/background]

The San Joaquin Valley in California has some of the most fertile/richest soil in the world...why don't we all just go get our soil from there?

I really don't understand your attitude towards my post...I was trying to be helpful..and you don't have to do everything at once...take your time in getting your "process right"...I have been working on my "process" for a long time and make improvements every year...

***mental not to self - do not post on lilcholo's threads or make any comment to his post's***

Back