• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Justaguy's 2011 Garden Season

Ok so I have 3 shelves of varying height. I originally wanted to have sets of 6 with all the same peppers, only to soon realize they weren't germinating together and not the same size. So, I needed to move between cells to get small with small and big with big. 3 words...Vinyl Venetian Blinds.
100_0812.jpg

They are great for labeling. Cut angled end and a 7 inch marker will not blow out of your garden when 3-4 inches is in the ground.
100_0813.jpg

Short ones in my cells but long ones will be in the gardens. Keep an eye out for people throwing away or hit up a friend with dogs and blinds over windows. They tend to go through them. :lol:

So today I take 2 of my markers and with my son as camera man will show you the easy way I move them and will be putting them in the garden with little to no root shock.
100_0814.jpg

Slide in the sides down to the bottom
100_0815.jpg

Squeeze slightly and lift....slightly dry is better then freshly watered due to crumbling.
100_0816.jpg

And into the new cell with similar sized plants.
100_0817.jpg

OK took inventory tonight.
Starting Myself:
Red Trinidad Scorpion - 3
Yellow Scorpion - 11
Chocolate Habanero - 2
Caribbean Red Habanero - 33
Bhut Jolokia - 9
Naga Jolokia - 20
Naga Morich - 23
Douglah - 3
Indonesian Chile - 10
Jimmy Nardello Sweet - 16
Manzano - 2
Fatalli - 28
Thai Fire - 3
Cross Project - 5
Cumari Passarinho - 4
Chocolate Bhut - 26
Brain Strain - 4
Butch T Scorpian - 7
Yellow 7 Pot/Pod - 5

Started by a friend for the front bed
Fatalli - 6

Total of 220 plants

EDIT: Counts changed

OK took inventory tonight.
Starting Myself:
Red Trinidad Scorpion - 3
Yellow Scorpion - 11
Chocolate Habanero - 2
Caribbean Red Habanero - 33
Bhut Jolokia - 9
Naga Jolokia - 20
Naga Morich - 23
Douglah - 3
Indonesian Chile - 10
Jimmy Nardello Sweet - 16
Manzano - 2
Fatalli - 24
Thai Fire - 3
Cross Project - 5
Cumari Passarinho - 4
Chocolate Bhut - 26
Brain Strain - 4
Butch T Scorpian - 7
Yellow 7 Pot/Pod - 5

Started by a friend for the front bed
Fatalli - 6

Total of 216 plants

Congratulations on the list, you have a burning season :woohoo:

Thats a nice list, I'm going to use your idea for transplanting that looks cheap and efficient :D

Ok so 4 of the Indonesian chiles marked "Anna's" went into buckets. Each bucket got 5 or 6 holes drilled in the bottom and a layer of stone before leaf compost filled them in. They went to the city for Jon and his wife. I will get picture tomorrow when I do some little ones in buckets for my friend doing roof growing.

Hopefully tomorrow I will be planting the garden.

So the stakes all went in today and when I plant, the paths will be made by removing the stakes needed. This just gives me a blank garden basically in a weird way.
100_0833.jpg
100_0834.jpg

Yesterday I picked up the 6 Fatalli's a friend was starting for me put them in the circles. Today I added 6 small ones I had. All buried deep to the bottom active node. Mine are some what hard to make out. 2 he started in the middle and 4 plus my six around the big ring.
100_0831.jpg
100_0832.jpg

And in back by where we set up the mini fire pit I put the 3 small unidentified sprouts I got. These were seeds I thought were germinating in the paper towels before I knew what it looked like and planted. The cells were re-assigned when nothing came up. Now they came next other established plants, so they go here.
100_0835.jpg

Great log! Awesome setups man i love that circle bed i just might copy that next year :P
Best of luck on your grow :beer:

I'm glad your Bamboo is cut and doesn't contain the shoots as those pics scare the hell out of me! I have flashbacks of my last years 110ft 4ft' trench digging to hold back my neighbors onslaught of evil bamboo. Congrats on getting your Fatalii bed planted it looks great!

Back