• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Meatfreak 2012 Growlog

Tonight I started the new season. My growlist for 2012 contains the following varities:

Annuum
Caloro
Cayenne Golden
Cherry Chocolate
Chilhuacle Negro
Fish
Jalapeño Biker Billy Hybrid
Jalapeño Chichimeca
Jalapeño Craigs Grande
Jalapeño Farmers Market Potato
Jalapeño Hercules Jalapeño
Jumbo Jalapeño
Numex Jalmundo
Morron de Fabrica
Peppadew
Petit Marseillais
Santa Fe Grande

Baccatum
Aji Pineapple
Rain Forest

Chacoense
Yellow Chaco

Chinense
7 Pot Brown
Arbibi Gusano Red F-1
Armaggedon F-1
Biquinho
Bolivian Bumpy
CGN 20790
Chupetinho
Clavo
Congo Trinidad
Fatalii White
Fidalga Roxa
Habanero Bazooka
Habanero Big Jamaican
Habanero Big Sun
Habanero Black Congo
Habanero Cappuccino Nugget
Habanero Chocolate Congo
Habanero Chocolate Hand Grenade F-1
Habanero Chocolate Lightning
Habanero Condor's Beak
Habanero Francisca ™
Habanero Giant White
Habanero Golden
Habanero Jaguar
Habanero Long Chocolate
Habanero Mustard
Habanero Pastel
Habanero Purple
Habanero Senegal Chocolate
Habanero Tasmanian Chocolate F-1
Habanero White Bullet x Maraba
Habanero White Pearl
Habanero Yellow Bumpy
Habanero Yucatan White
Habanero Zavory (in memory of aijjoe's niece Amanda)
Hurican
MadballZ
Monster Naga
Peito de Moca
Pimenta Leopard
SB7J F-1
Scarlet Lantern
Scotch Bonnet Cappuccino
Scotch Bonnet True Jamaican
Trinidad Scorpion "FG"
Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate

Frutescens
Tabasco Short Yellow

Most of this list I got through the genorosity of people on this forum, thanks alot! Since I only have one heated propagator I needed to split up my list, so I went for all the Habanero varities first (as you can see on the picture below). Also a few other Chinense on there.

eerstezaailijst.jpg

I sow 2 seeds per varity, so I can keep the best looking plant and give the other one away. Offcourse I'm not throwing them away, I will spread the heat among my friends so they can learn the magical world of pepper growing too ;)

I used coco-plugs as medium this time and putted them in a 60 holes tray. Looks like a tray of cup-cakes ready for the oven.
IMAG0985.jpg

After I soaked them and let the propagator get to the right tempature (± 26°C) I sow all the seeds with this as end result.
IMAG0991.jpg

All I have to do now is getting the grow area ready so when they sprouted they can be put under the CFL lights. I don't expect them to sprout for atleast a week so I still have some time. As soon there is free space I will sow the rest of my list with the Annuum to be the last ones, probally around january.

Stefan the garden looks amazing those superhot pods are starting to produce. I am interested to see that Guadeloupe Black and see if it grow to the size of the Guadeloupe. Glad to see everything going well for you my friend let me know which ones you need and when you need me to send them.

Another great surprise when I visited the garden today, a lot of pods are ripening off and had a little harvest also.

IMAG0221-1.jpg

Top row: Jalapeño El Jefe, Jalapeño Chichimeca, Habanero Long Chocolate, Santa Fe Grande
Bottom row: Unknown Habanero (needs an name), Habanero Orange Devil, Big Jamaican, Pimento de Padron

Unknown Habanero from hendrix1326. Haven't tasted it yet but I'm bit afraid too do so :lol: looks so scary. All pods on all of my 4 plants look the same.
IMAG0224-2.jpg

IMAG1662.jpg

IMAG1663.jpg

:dance: :dance: :dance: This is gonna make someone very happy, the Habanero Chocolate Hand Grenade is finally ripening off and more important it's turning brown. Sorry for the bad picture but it was really hard too reach the pods since everything has grown so much.
IMAG1664.jpg

The plant in the back :lol:
IMAG1665.jpg

Chupetinho but also the Biquinho and Peito de Moca are ripening off... just different names for the same variety I found out :lol:
IMAG1666.jpg

Habanero Mustard, not sure but it appears too have an orangy glow on it? Hopefully it really is the Mustard variety, beautiful pods though!
IMAG1667.jpg

IMAG1670.jpg

Habanero Purple turning brown (ajijoe i'll keep some seeds from this aside for you ;))
IMAG1669.jpg

Tbc.. after a bump.

IMAG1719.jpg

Aji Habanero, Big Jamaican, Cayenne Golden, Chupetinha, Doux très Long des Landes, Habanero Chocolate Hand Grenade, Habanero Jaguar, Habanero Long Chocolate, Habanero Martinique, Habanero Orange Devil, Habanero Purple, Hurrikan, Jalapeño Chichimeca, Jalapeño El Jefe, Jalapeño Hercules, Joe's Long Cayenne, Pimento de Padron, Trinidad Yellow Seasoning (red).

IMAG0266_.jpg

IMAG0265_.jpg

IMAG0264__.jpg

IMAG0263_.jpg

Some Unknown Baccatum. No idea which one it is.
IMAG0253.jpg

Stefan the colors in some of your photos just leap off of the page! Nice.

You know that Unknown Habanero from hendrix1326 looks an awful lot like the SB7J--just the wrong color! Very cool! I'll have to get in touch with him and see if I can get a couple of seeds. Great looking pod!

Your grow is looking awesome man, keep it up.

Stefan that is a great harvest I love how the Fidalga Roxa x Pimenta de Neyde looks amazing espcially the pods can not wait to see the final stage for them.

Stefan the colors in some of your photos just leap off of the page! Nice.

You know that Unknown Habanero from hendrix1326 looks an awful lot like the SB7J--just the wrong color! Very cool! I'll have to get in touch with him and see if I can get a couple of seeds. Great looking pod!

Your grow is looking awesome man, keep it up.

Thanks Patrick, trying to show their true beauty there ;) I did realize the same when I saw the pods forming, that's why I thought it would be a superhot just like yours. It obviously isn't but the flavor is amazing! The pods that Karl took the seeds from didn't look so bumpy as mine do. The stems and leaves have little white hairs on them and foliage is pretty dark green compared to my other plants. PM me your mailing address and I sent you some seeds along with some other nice varieties, I wanna grow this cross out till it's stable. The Madball Z 7 I got from you is doing great also and it looks that the SB7J in my tunnel is producing new pods that are looking like yours :D

Stefan that is a great harvest I love how the Fidalga Roxa x Pimenta de Neyde looks amazing espcially the pods can not wait to see the final stage for them.

Yeah I like that one a lot as well, Fernando. Some pods were actually changing color, looked a bit orange/yellow (peach alike). Think that is the way the Fidalga Roxa ripes off. I got 1 plant outside and it's producing pods that look a lot more like the Fidalga Roxa, will take some pictures of it. Will save you some seeds ;)

Chupetinho but also the Biquinho and Peito de Moca are ripening off... just different names for the same variety I found out :lol:
IMAG1666.jpg

Chupetinha, biquino, and pimente de bico are all the same as far as I know but the peito-de-moca is supposed to be a C. baccatum

Bump, nice pods

Chupetinha, biquino, and pimente de bico are all the same as far as I know but the peito-de-moca is supposed to be a C. baccatum

The bag had C. Chinense on it, that's why I thought they we're all the same. They look the same, but the Peito de Moca taste indeed a bit different and has no heat at all... tasted a couple of pods now and none had any heat.

Some more pics.

Jalapeño Farmers Market Potato
IMAG1724.jpg

Fidalga Roxa x ?
IMAG1725.jpg

Fidalga Roxa (outside, pods look taller and darker purple)
IMAG1723.jpg

Made my first sauce today, using Mango's and Hurrikan pods. Turned out pretty well but it's a little thick to be a sauce, oh well not gonna throw it away for that reason.

IMAG1772.jpg

Some little harvests from the last days.

IMAG1752.jpg

Habanero Harold St. Bart's (which is orange?), Pimento de Padron, Trinidad Yellow Seasoning (which is red), Habanero Mustard and some Santa Fe Grande.

IMG_20120905_202320.jpg

Habanero Mustard, Jalapeño Biker Billy, Habanero Purple, Habanero Chocolate Hand Grenade, Unknown Habanero (aka Habanero Orange Blob), Jalapeño Conchos.

My other H. Chocolate Hand Grenade plant.
IMAG1774.jpg

Some weird pod variation on my Habanero Martinique plant after putting out a lot pods these suddenly show up :eh:
IMAG1779.jpg

IMAG1778.jpg

SB7J that appears to have the right shape I think.
IMAG1776.jpg

Amazing pics Stefan!! That Fidalga roxa cross is a beauty!! I like!! :D The sauce looks very tasty too. Great work, keep them pics coming. I especially like the Choco Hand Grenade, yours looks much darker than mine.

Nice plant and harvest shots! The hot sauce looks tasty and has great color!........a bit on the thick side...Heck it will last longer!

Greg

jam in a bottle what a novel idea, looks very fruity is it hot? some nice pods meat :)

:lol: it's not as thick as jam, Lando ; ) It's very fruity, with medium heat. Next time I could use more pods but for a first attempt it's not bad at all.

Amazing poddage Stefan and the sauce looks super tasty. Nothing wrong :fireball: with a nice thick sauce

Thanks Jamie, got enough pods too try and perfect my sauce.

Amazing pics Stefan!! That Fidalga roxa cross is a beauty!! I like!! :D The sauce looks very tasty too. Great work, keep them pics coming. I especially like the Choco Hand Grenade, yours looks much darker than mine.

Besides the looks I really wanna know if the Fidalga roxa cross is tasty as well :D the pods are changing color but I don't know which color they will change to :lol: Joe said that color is darker because of the genetics from the Congo Black. I tasted the other one yesterday and it looks a lot like the Hab. Long Chocolate in taste. Smokey no real fruit scent or taste :(

Nice plant and harvest shots! The hot sauce looks tasty and has great color!........a bit on the thick side...Heck it will last longer!

Greg

Thanks, Greg :D Quite happy with the color as well :) still got a lot to learn but I'm getting there :lol: Your almost heading for your vacation, aren't you? Have a great time!

Today I had a nice haul if I say so myself, lots of pods from different varieties like:

Aji Habanero, Big Jamaican, Biquinho, Caloro, Hungarian Black kruising, Cayenne Golden, Cherry Chocolate, Chupetinha, Pimenta de Lisa, Habanero Chocolate Hand Grenade, Habanero Harold St. Bart's kruising, Habanero Jaguar, Habanero Long Chocolate, Habanero Martinique, Habanero Mustard, Habanero Orange Blob (unknown habanero), Habanero Orange Devil, Habanero Oxkutzcabian Orange, Habanero Purple, Habanero White Bullet x Maraba, Hurrikan, Jalapeño Chichimeca, Jalapeño El Jefe, Jalapeño Farmers Market Potato, Jalapeño Numex Jalmundo, Joe's Long Cayenne, Peito de Moca, Pimento de Padron, Santa Fe Grande, Serrano?, Trinidad Yellow Seasoning (red).

Total weight was around 5lbs.

Numex Jalmundo's thanks to midwestchilehead
IMAG0384.jpg

IMAG0382-1.jpg

IMAG0381-1.jpg

IMAG0380-2.jpg

IMAG0379-1.jpg

IMAG0378-1.jpg

IMAG0377.jpg

IMAG0376-1.jpg

IMAG0375-1.jpg

IMAG0374-1.jpg