• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Megahots grow log 2011-2012

First sprout was a Bhut on 12-14-2011. Thanks to all that helped me along the way! I am starting to feed them 1 tsp of fert per gallon of water. I have a 2 ft T5 6500K that emits 8,000 lumens, on its way to me. and I am ordering a 4 ft mylar grow tent :) Here's some pics from germination until now. I will update with more pi9cs as time goes on.
mygerminatingsetup.jpg

myfirstbabybhutplant.jpg

babypepperplants1.jpg

2012-01-05072243.jpg

The Bhut looks great :cool: how is the little one with the slight leaf curl going? Also like u said when u get nute burn(over fert) its exactly that the leaf tips get brown/rusty burnt looking. good luck with it all, eagerly waitng for more updates. lastly how long u run the lamp for?

That bhut looks great is it the only one throwing out buds and flowers

Thanks! No its not the only one, I think one of my ButchT's has a bud hiding in it, all the others do, my douglah, one of my yellow 7's, and 2 of my 3 bhuts are budding. The Bhuts mature fast!

The Bhut looks great :cool: how is the little one with the slight leaf curl going? Also like u said when u get nute burn(over fert) its exactly that the leaf tips get brown/rusty burnt looking. good luck with it all, eagerly waitng for more updates. lastly how long u run the lamp for?

The leaf curl is pretty bad on one of my douglahs! Its actually not fert burn but from edema. I run my lights on a 13/11 cycle atm. Thanks for the comment

Congrats on the flowers! Totally no homo...

Yes, you soon will be eatin some freaking hot salsa! Are you putting them in the ground?

Just thought I'd add a few more pics before the peppers start poppin so here ya go! The close ups of the plants with flowers are the Bhut Jolokia and yellow seven pod. The Bhut has 4 flowers and the yellow seven has 2, but you can only see one of them.
2012-03-04090047.jpg

2012-03-04090029.jpg

2012-03-04090312.jpg

Yeah I actually had a Maui Thai and a Scotch Bonet TFM hook today. I'll update my glog tomorrow with all the latest.

I agree Update time!!!:) So heres One for ya! I will be getting rid of a few of the smaller plants due to lack of room! :( As for the yellowish leaves on some of the plants it was from being in soil with no nutes and not feeding enough. I am working on the adjustments! My ButchT plant is getting to be massive in a hurry! Some of the leaves are the size of my hand! I dont have small hands either lol.
2012-03-12192457.jpg

Time for an update :fireball:

I agree! I ate 1/4 of the brain strain and holy sh#$ was it hot!!! :mouthonfire: I'm glad I didnt eat the whole thing! I'm working on building my tolerance back up so Thats why I didnt eat the whole thing lol Hands down its the hottest pepper I've tried! As for the flavor it wasnt great more like a chemical flavor. Your Bhut hybrids have great flavor as well as the barrackpore. Thanks again!!!! :)

Hey Megahot! Your plants look truly great. I can see they are ready to really go for it!
do you have a balcony or something or will you do the whole grow in the closet?
Good luck with the coming Spring season!

MAN your plants are getting big dude! Congrats on the flowers. You may have a few now but your gonna have a good 50+ in a couple weeks :D I too am wondering if your going outdoors are staying inside. You know what you need now? A big ol house so you can grow 400 plants that look just like the ones you have now lol. I'd say good luck with the rest of your grow but it looks like you got this down buddy. Nice work!

Brandon

MAN your plants are getting big dude! Congrats on the flowers. You may have a few now but your gonna have a good 50+ in a couple weeks :D I too am wondering if your going outdoors are staying inside. You know what you need now? A big ol house so you can grow 400 plants that look just like the ones you have now lol. I'd say good luck with the rest of your grow but it looks like you got this down buddy. Nice work!

Brandon

Thanks! I plan on growing a few outside and a few inside. But as you can see the weather here in the NW sucks ass! ya, we got snow!!! Grrrrr! :( So it wont be time to start hardening off till this crap weather leaves us! My only struggle so far for the most point has been edema and its a constant battle! I'm working on getting the humidity just right though :)

Back