• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Mmmmmm...poppers!

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch in Las Vegas. I was going to grill today but ahhh...a little too hot once again. Maybe tomorrow will be more appropos. My gal had bought some very nice ground beef to make some sliders but she changed her mind as usual and opted instead for spinach/cheese ravioli with garlic cream sauce instead. Of course I was enlisted to do the cooking. So what to do with the ground beef? I have peppers. I have cheese. Duh..como se dice en espanol....poppers!!
Ground beef, japs, 4 cheese Mexi mix, shallots, Lawry's and fresh ground pepper. Here tis. Notice the melon ball tool I use to deseed. Works perfect.
0020.jpg

The mix.
0021.jpg

Stuffed.
0022.jpg

0029.jpg

Have a great holiday ya'll....and cheers!!! Texas Bluesman

obama-fist-bump.jpg

I'm looking at a bunch of peppers in my freezer, thinking I'll bring some poppers to band practice since it's Memorial weekend. I haven't decided how to make them yet so I was looking back through this thread for ideas. Wow, there's some MIGHTY FINE looking poppers around here! Anybody else whipping some up soon?

funny_fist_bump_Possible_last_post_for_summer_P-s490x364-70824-580.jpg

Man both of you have a great looking creations. Guess everybody is going to get on the band wagon and give em a try. Thanks for sharing.

Mmmmm bacon... Mmmmm goat cheese! I have to get me some goat cheese, haven't made anything with that for a while.

Here is my first attempt at making Poppers.

I have 10 Jalapenos, 2 ordinary peppers (my sister can be a wimp) and 4 cherry bombs in there.

I pretty much followed the first post and stuffed them with Mince Beef, Shallots, Garlic, Some Chilli Powder and a 4 cheese mix.

They turned out quite nice, although I could of done with adding something else to the stuffing mix as I could taste the plainness of the Mince with some of the poppers. Any recommendations?

Anyway, enough talking, here come the pictures:

Poppers1.jpg

Poppers2.jpg

I have 10 Jalapenos, 2 ordinary peppers (my sister can be a wimp) and 4 cherry bombs in there.

I pretty much followed the first post and stuffed them with Mince Beef, Shallots, Garlic, Some Chilli Powder and a 4 cheese mix.

They turned out quite nice, although I could of done with adding something else to the stuffing mix as I could taste the plainness of the Mince with some of the poppers. Any recommendations?

Salting the beef does wonders of bringing out flavors

Kept it simple for breakfast - canario rocoto, crab, cream cheese, cumin, and chipotle chile powder.

P1000669.JPG

LOL - just noticed all the ingredients start with 'C'!

Three of my favorite things all in one. Crab, cheese, and peppers. Add a little bacon and I'd smack my mama. Well, not mine. Maybe TB's.

Yea...make em exactly the same (they look great!) but do it in a cast iron skillet in the oven for a while WRAPPED IN BACON!!!!!

You'll never turn back! Looks awesome...nice first try. The bacon makes it, though.

Anyway, enough talking, here come the pictures:

Poppers1.jpg

Poppers2.jpg

Talk about coming in like a lion! One helluva first post Adam1386.....with pics! :dance: :dance:

I got a fever... and the only cure is more poppers. I gotta have more poppers! Guess I am going to have to do it myself. Stay tuned.

oh crap...i'm stuck in the kitchen with cabbage and a big hunk of beef...I Want Poppers!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!! My mind is so racing right now...surely there must be a stray, lonely pepper in the fridge, just waiting to be "Popped"!!!!!! Got cream cheese, got bacon....gotta go create sumptin'! I'll so post a pic if it works out......i'm...so...hungry........

Back