• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My 2008/2009 Garden

Heres a we pic for you all. There are new little bubs along with the hardy callused up chillis that survived our psycho winter.

Enjoy!!

22112008107.jpg

The little guy is my cool little neighbor BOONDY! he's pretty hard core for a 4 year old....he woolfs down the odd thai birds eye from time to time....stopped when he picked a fatali by accident though LOL!

22112008110.jpg

A nice starting mix here.

22112008111.jpg

Another nice mix.

Believe it or not there are over 300 plants in there!!!

looks like you got a good start for your grow season Scorpion...yup, I can believe "over 300 plants"...good luck for this years grow season for you (and all the "downunder" members)...the young lad is lucky he has you for a neighbor that can bring him along in the ways of chiledom...

Heres the grow list:
orange hab
Bhuts
B starfish
Jam red
Yatsafusa
Jalapeno
yellow hab
Naga morich
Indian pc1
piri piri
inca red drop
quintisho
twilight
congo brown
congo trin
red hab
jam scorch
big sun scotch
hungarian wax
kashmiri
claw
p.tiger
aji hab
d.naga
roccotto red
trin scorp
p.prince
p. largo
b.cuban
red savina
aji lemon
penis pepper
hot licorice (unknown real name)
PW Hab
Purple hab
choc hab
gold bullet hab
bih jol
Choc bhut
7 pod

and a few more that i have lost labels tooooo hmmmm????

AlabamaJack said:
looks like you got a good start for your grow season Scorpion...yup, I can believe "over 300 plants"...good luck for this years grow season for you (and all the "downunder" members)...the young lad is lucky he has you for a neighbor that can bring him along in the ways of chiledom...

Cheers mate...Boondy is a tough little tike thats for sure...Just told me 5 min ago that he's not eating chilli anymore after that 'Yucky orange hab thing" lol!

As he grabs a roccotto

449 plants in there after a quick count! wow! more than I thought...with 250 more to come and 50 out back....Im gonna be eating chilli for a we while lol!

nice list Scorp...have you had the yatsafusas yet?...I grew them this year and they are a definite yes for stirfry cooking...I've got 3 quart baggies full of dehydrated yatsafusas that are exactly for that reason...they are great in fajitas too...three plants gave me all the pods I wanted...good heat for an annuum and great taste to...

AlabamaJack said:
nice list Scorp...have you had the yatsafusas yet?...I grew them this year and they are a definite yes for stirfry cooking...I've got 3 quart baggies full of dehydrated yatsafusas that are exactly for that reason...they are great in fajitas too...three plants gave me all the pods I wanted...good heat for an annuum and great taste to...

Yep absolutely...They are my quiet favourite! I love them with fish...and any asian dish...a great pod! Im hoping for alot more this time round....They never really estsablished well last season.

THe garden looks great. A lot of plants, but we all know why you need so many.

...some rocotos are even hotter than fataliis - poor chap!!! :mouthonfire:

AlabamaJack said:

Agreed my best grower season gone and just wants to grow pods right the way through the year,Have crossed it with goats weed to hopefully grow an interesting plant in 09 :lol:

talas said:
Agreed my best grower season gone and just wants to grow pods right the way through the year,Have crossed it with goats weed to hopefully grow an interesting plant in 09 :)

Nice idea mate...nice! I might try something similar...its funy my pc1 produced pods in winter but have stopped flowering now, weird! Maybe ill cross the yatsa with that one....hmmmm brain is turning over!

ABurningMouth said:
Wow nice yard.
Nobody had hot peppers for me to try when I was a little bub.

Cheers mate, yeah the kids across the road love it! They were cute the other day, came over with a present..."Dave we bought this with our pocket money for you for christmas" they had in there hands a long platted piece of straw with china chilli pods slid onto it....So cool!:)

Chiliac said:
THe garden looks great. A lot of plants, but we all know why you need so many.

...some rocotos are even hotter than fataliis - poor chap!!! :)

Yep lots of sauce mr chiliac over 150 ornage habs in:onfire:...did you get my pm?

Scorpion said:
Nice idea mate...nice! I might try something similar...its funy my pc1 produced pods in winter but have stopped flowering now, weird! Maybe ill cross the yatsa with that one....hmmmm brain is turning over!

Goats weed seems to cross extremely well with a lot of Asian pepper
and birds eye types as well :lol:

Back