• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

hydroponic My hydroponic project: 1st attempt, follow along :)

Looking good buddy my bubbler's all ready for next month,The old D.W.C Are popular here for all types of growing..There is one type which is vary popular which would interest I.G,Weed goes mad in these apparently,My cousin grows pack choi in them over the winter months to fantastic growth :lol:

Yesterday:
3054154208_2b1ddb9e0d.jpg

Today:
3057833424_1194ca1a18.jpg

TX,

You ought to be hung for not using all the space available!

Seriously, looking real, real good. Believe it or not, I still have one lettuce plant outside that as of yesterday was surviving - and Sunday night it got down to 12 degrees. It sort of looks like a short pine tree, about three feet tall and leaves at the bottom that are close to a foot long.

I have one space left in my cloner, maybe I should use the lettuce for it???

Mike

wordwiz said:
TX,

You ought to be hung for not using all the space available!

Seriously, looking real, real good. Believe it or not, I still have one lettuce plant outside that as of yesterday was surviving - and Sunday night it got down to 12 degrees. It sort of looks like a short pine tree, about three feet tall and leaves at the bottom that are close to a foot long.

I have one space left in my cloner, maybe I should use the lettuce for it???

Mike

I know after I planted them I realized this. I'm going to get a couple more net pots and fill the lid up next time I start seeds. And I'm going to cover that frame w/ panda plastic to help w/ light efficiency. You can tell the ones in the middle are getting more light than the ones on the ends.

Some update pics, plants showed some good growth while I was gone.

Big roots in this pic are from the plant pictured in the next two:

3068547346_fb19e308d4.jpg

This is the biggest of the Redina variety.

3067711139_ab0aaf6353.jpg

different view of the same one
3067712037_654b4fde18.jpg

Biggest Lola Rosa

3068548118_df75935427.jpg

Redina in the background, Lola Rosa in the front

3068548420_cc1fa66b29.jpg

Redina on the left Lola Rosa on the right. Redina is the faster grower, but that is expected since it is supposed to be harvested faster than the other according to the packages:

3068548848_629e3f75b5.jpg

5 days ago:
3056998603_cb33f2e73c.jpg

I think I'm going to grow only redina(left) unless that lolla rossa(right) just tastes good or something. The difference in growth rate, both leaf & root is phenomenal. And I'm going to add more net cups, like 4 or so. I'll give it another week and I'm going to start more seeds.

Monday 12/01:
3075815221_eab844e271.jpg

Today 12/03:
3080402553_552b40720c.jpg

Gettin a bit crowded in there, awesome. Redina still growing fast, Lolla Rossa still dragging ass.

redeyes said:
looks like they might need more light????

What looks wrong? I've only grown lettuce once before, outdoors in dirt so I'm not completely sure how they should look. These are supposed to be loose leaf varieties, and they look a lot better than the ones I grew outside that were similar varieties. The one thing is that these won't turn completely red underneath this light, they would need a brighter light for that. They have practically 0 internodal spacing, and big floppy leaves that are too large to hold themselves up.

I mean they all do lean towards the center, but I think they're just pointing towards the brightest light, not stretching for it yet. The lights put out 2000 lumens a piece, they're T5 fluros.

Txclosetgrower said:
What looks wrong? I've only grown lettuce once before, outdoors in dirt so I'm not completely sure how they should look. These are supposed to be loose leaf varieties, and they look a lot better than the ones I grew outside that were similar varieties. The one thing is that these won't turn completely red underneath this light, they would need a brighter light for that. They have practically 0 internodal spacing, and big floppy leaves that are too large to hold themselves up.

I mean they all do lean towards the center, but I think they're just pointing towards the brightest light, not stretching for it yet. The lights put out 2000 lumens a piece, they're T5 fluros.

to me if they are leaning to the center then you may need more light :idea:... i would think atleast 1 more T-5..... and you know i like the T-5 alot ... it was just something i thought you might want to think about if your going to add more lettuce in there.. it looks good man no worries...

P.S. i also think they would be more uniforn if you added more light...

Back