• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest P2K 5-Crown TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
$5 sounds interesting. I agree that 5 different peppers could be difficult for some, but if you can make it powdered/frozen/fresh combined then it is doable. 5 ingredients would be easiest.

5-star dining.

I little hard to quantify, but just have to make a fancy-ass dish, like what would be served in a really expensive restaurant.

Use fancy names and terms like Bechamel and demi glace. No cheeze whiz allowed.

The P2K 5C TD humm, 5 course meal, yeah, hummmm.

Ok, when I look at a P2K TD offering and think about this TD I kind of see a meal with 5 parts

1 Meat
2 Starch
3 Vegetable
4 Salad
5 Drink

Each part of the meal should be made with 5 ingredients, one of which must be a Keystone and one a pepper. The word Crown, well uhhh maybe Tiara to honor the DQ part of Paul that we all love, must be in the name of the meal which must be 5 words long.

For an added challenge could make it that the meal must equal a derivative of 5 in calories. For instance 1500 calories total.

But that's just my thoughts right now. Give me 5 minutes and it may change. :cool:

Pick 5 from the 7 continents and make an appetizer representing their culture...

5 flag challenge - 5 dishes to represent 5 countries (might be too much)

5-spice chili dog

5 courses, $5 each max

5 appetizers, $5 each max

I think the rules should also change for this to allow 5 photos?

Well, if it's a Paulky 5 TD then it's gotta be 5 kinds of cheese and 5 different methods of cooking bacon assembled into 5 layers of hugeness drizzled with 5 different sauces...with 5 photos of each step :D

Oh, this is going to be fun!

The ideas that I like so far are-
-one ingredient cooked 5 ways as tapas
-5-course meal(couple variations suggested)
-one dish made with 5 ingredients
-$5.00 dish

For the meal, doing a one-plate with 5 parts version (meat, starch, veg, salad, drink/or/dessert) will help keep the playing field equal and affordable. Doing a 5-course meal (soup/app, fish, salad, meat w/side, dessert) is leaning more towards the buffet spread that some..(like ME..) have done in the past. I'd like to see it contained to a one plate kind of thing if it's the meal option.

Keeping it smaller and simpler would make for more creativity in the entries, like the $5.00 or one-dish/5 ingredients options. With the 5-ingredients, how would you decide what was an ingredient? Is salt an ingredient or seasoning?

And if something is chosen that requires 5 different chile peppers, bell peppers should be allowed.

And the title should have 5 words, 5 pics allowed, start time/end time at 5:55pm....PoL=.??....

Pauly has his work cut out deciding this one, lots of great options to choose from. I wish I could cook D2S's suggestion right now! I'm jonesin' for some cheese and BACON!

Salsakid just suggested 5 colors!

So after all that, my top 2 pics would be-
one ingredient cooked 5 ways for tapas/apps
one meal with 5 parts (meat, starch, veg, salad, drink/dessert)

...and posting 5 minutes until deadline with 5 cents wrong in PoL :rofl:

The P2K 5C TD humm, 5 course meal, yeah, hummmm.

Ok, when I look at a P2K TD offering and think about this TD I kind of see a meal with 5 parts

1 Meat
2 Starch
3 Vegetable
4 Salad
5 Drink

Each part of the meal should be made with 5 ingredients, one of which must be a Keystone and one a pepper. The word Crown, well uhhh maybe Tiara to honor the DQ part of Paul that we all love, must be in the name of the meal which must be 5 words long.

For an added challenge could make it that the meal must equal a derivative of 5 in calories. For instance 1500 calories total.

But that's just my thoughts right now. Give me 5 minutes and it may change. :cool:

Sorry but I will be damned if I am cooking a meal with a keystone

Sorry but I will be damned if I am cooking a meal with a keystone

More for me.....;)

Okay....I'm liking the 5 ingredient idea....but what wouldn't "count" as an ingredient? (like pepper or hab powder)

I also love the 5 dollar idea.....but again, what would not be counted in the 5 bucks (mustard ketchup, salt?)

...and yes, I'm feelin' the love!! :rofl:

More for me.....;)

Okay....I'm liking the 5 ingredient idea....but what wouldn't "count" as an ingredient? (like pepper or hab powder)

I also love the 5 dollar idea.....but again, what would not be counted in the 5 bucks (mustard ketchup, salt?)

...and yes, I'm feelin' the love!! :rofl:
$5 could be every ingredient used except dry herds, spices, and seasonings, including chilies. Fresh peppers would be an ingredient.

Same would apply for 5 ingredients.

For $5 if you have it already you'd have to rebuy it, like if you need milk, you'd have to buy milk. It would all need to be on one receipt.

Something like that.

Either that or "spices" counts as one ingredient but can be as many as you want.

Stuff to think about.

How about a 5 layer dish...

Could make something like a lasagna, a sandwich, a cake, or even stuff something like this...

5 ingredients could mean five things you can't hold shelf stable... even after opening. Anything canned or pickled would fit in this category. Ketchup, mustard, hot sauce, etc... you get it. Nothing in your spice cabinet counts as an ingredient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back