• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Patrick's 2011 Grow Log

Here we are again. I can't believe how fast the time goes by anymore. My pops always said the older you get the faster it passes us by.

I am especially excited about this year, I'm going to try and cross a couple of peppers, on purpose! Haven't made the final decisions yet though.

Anyway, here's a few that I overwintered. The one on the left came from a 7 Pod Barrackpore cutting. It struggled for a bit but the roots are starting to grow so I'm hopeful. Center front is a "large" 7 Pod, center rear was a very robust Dorset Naga and the one on the right is a 7 Pod Primo. The latter three I removed from 5-7 gal pots, trimmed the roots and cut them down to just the stem. They sat in my foyer where they got some limited sunlight through a window. I'm very happy with them.

IMG_6508.jpg

This is the first tray of seeds I stuck in coco coir last night. I've had success before with this medium as a seed starting mix so see no reason to change. It is nutrient poor so I start using fertilizer at an early stage in the plants life, at a very reduced rate.

IMG_6506800x600.jpg

Here is what I've started so far:

7 Pod, Brain Strain PRF…………………………..………........ 5
7 Pod, Brown Judy………………………………..………............ 6
Bhut Jolokia, Yellow…………………………………..………........ 5
Pimenta Tiger, AISPES004...................... 5
Trinidad Scorpion, Butch T Judy…………….………...... 8
Trinidad Scorpion, Chocolate AISPES108…....……. 5
Trinidad Scorpion, Morouga HSC……………….……....... 5
Trinidad Scorpion, Yellow AISPES109..……....... 5
Trinidad Scorpion, Yellow 2 SS………………….………..... 5
Trinidad Scorpion, Yellow Morouga AISPES107...…3

Not all of them are in the photo.

They are on a cookie sheet which is on a heat pad. Current temp in the coco coir varies from 75F - 80F. I would like it warmer and may mess with the heating pad settings. I plan on picking up a couple of heat mats tomorrow for more trays.

I have several other varieties to get started and would like to keep my total at under 90 plants.

Here we go! :woohoo:

nie dude u always had the dankest powders. that plancenta powderwaslegendary. any possiblitie of making more im a BIG fan! btw ur plant s look great!

Nate it's great to have you back. I doubt if I do the placenta powder again but never say never. That will depend on how many ripe pods I end up with and if I save all of the seeds.

Justaguy I read that comment of yours on a different thread and thought what a brilliant idea. I'll probably give that a shot but I have to try the respirator now after buying it. Thanks for the info.

Update on the 7 Pot Jonah cross.

I'm happy to report the pods are very consistent with some getting to a decent size. Keep your fingers crossed they get ripe.

DSC007601550x1163.jpg

DSC007571550x1163.jpg

DSC007561550x1163.jpg

DSC007471550x1163.jpg

They remind me of grass huts.

God those are the coolest pods. They remind me of nuclear mushroom clouds... You can see my super artwork illustrating that here http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/24147-beaglestorm-vs-patricks-box-of-pain/page__p__492218__hl__%22mushroom+cloud%22__fromsearch__1#entry492218

I really hope you or somebody can stabilize that phenotype :)

Thanks S.S.

Flamecycle, I really dig the nuclear mushroom cloud you turned the first one into.

I have a branch wrapped in tulle so I should have some isolated seed for the next time. I plan on sharing as many of them that I can. I may set it under some lights and try to keep it going all winter or cut it way back, roots included, and let it go dormant.

Just as well post some pics while I'm here..... :lol:

This is the first ripe pod from the isolated Trinidad Scorpion Morouga Yellow AISPES plant. It's a monster! At over half an ounce I would not want to pop this into my mouth.

DSC008501550x1163.jpg

Couple of different views:

DSC008411550x1163.jpg

DSC008391550x1163.jpg

These things are huge!

Besides being huge, it has a great color also! Can you make some pics of the pod being cut in half also? Curious about the inside :)

Now I know this isn't much of a harvest but you have to start somewhere. With the dropping temps and running out of summer I'm really sweating the possibility that a majority of my pods are not going to have time to ripen. I picked a few this afternoon and did see quite a few that had started to turn so I still have hope.

DSC009081550x1163.jpg

May not be a big harvest compared to your earlier ones, but its sure more than enough to light up tonight's dinner! Thanks for sharing.

Patrick, my smaller TS Morouga Yellow AISPES pods are hitting 21+ grams!

Chris

Thanks S.S.

Flamecycle, I really dig the nuclear mushroom cloud you turned the first one into.

I have a branch wrapped in tulle so I should have some isolated seed for the next time. I plan on sharing as many of them that I can. I may set it under some lights and try to keep it going all winter or cut it way back, roots included, and let it go dormant.

Just as well post some pics while I'm here..... :lol:

This is the first ripe pod from the isolated Trinidad Scorpion Morouga Yellow AISPES plant. It's a monster! At over half an ounce I would not want to pop this into my mouth.

DSC008501550x1163.jpg

Couple of different views:

DSC008411550x1163.jpg

DSC008391550x1163.jpg

These things are huge!

Now I know this isn't much of a harvest but you have to start somewhere. With the dropping temps and running out of summer I'm really sweating the possibility that a majority of my pods are not going to have time to ripen. I picked a few this afternoon and did see quite a few that had started to turn so I still have hope.

DSC009081550x1163.jpg
Patrick

What are the 4 yellow pepper on the right? Thank you.

Spicegeist, those are Chapeu de frade aka Bishops Crown peppers. Fairly productive but they take forever to ripen. Afraid I haven't tried one yet but will soon.

Spicegeist, those are Chapeu de frade aka Bishops Crown peppers. Fairly productive but they take forever to ripen. Afraid I haven't tried one yet but will soon.
Go ahead P, eat it. :) Very sweet with little or no heat.

Pretty pod pics, I'd be more interested in how that Morouga Yellow tasted. ;)

That TS moruga yellow already looked mean enough. I even thought about wanting to try one.. Thennn you cut it open.. :shocked: YEP. I'll pass. That looks so hot. That Jonah cross looks awesome too. Never seen anything like it. Awesome pictures Patrick. As always.
Good luck with all your pods ripening up!
Brandon

Back