• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

pets

nice looking dogs everyone! i wish i had a dog..but everyone here works and so the dog would be alone all day on weekdays. i have downsized my collection of pets though..all of them either have no legs, or 8. :lol:

IMG_7516s.jpg

IMG_0866s.jpg

chilehunter said:
no offence but IMO a dog must weigh AT LEAST 30 lbs!!! to be called a dog ...I'm sure my dog would love to play with that toy dog

nice pooch CH!

my rotti weighs 45 kgs and would probably eat the equivalent of a mini dachshund every day or two. he scoffs his food then tries to eat the Chow-chow's food.

I reckon our Sulphur Crested Cockatoo would crap the weight of your dog on a daily basis also. funny thing is Turkey, the bird doesn't eat that much - I don't know where it all comes from! :onfire: he does love munching on the pods though. he really gets into the habs which surprises everyone (I don't tell them that chiles don't burn birds) and then I offer them a pod!!! it's a great party trick :lol: that bird and I are a team! albeit an evil team, but a team nonetheless!

sorry about all the exclamation marks!

I'd show my pets, but I can't seem to get them to come out of the back of the fridge. I can see their little red glowing eyes, but they've barricaded them selves in.

chilliman64 said:
tried boiling water?

Boiling water will have no effect. They've been munching on the various petrie dish cultures and mutagens for months now, and I dare not piss them off, for fear of retrubutive action taken by them during my stage 3 sleep.

DEFCON Creator said:
Boiling water will have no effect. They've been munching on the various petrie dish cultures and mutagens for months now, and I dare not piss them off, for fear of retrubutive action taken by them during my stage 3 sleep.

I had the same problem with the Hemeculi you sent me. The bugger got into my refridgerator and ate out of some of my petrie dishes...his pupals got all big... Don't think he was expecting that.

turkey - we're just razzing you about your dog size so dont take it to serious, its kinda like ford vs chevy.

potawie - thats a cool looking husky, great coat (color), someone I know had a husky for a little bit (I dont know why they sold him?) but the dog had basically the same kind of coat as yours & it had ice blue eyes :cool: when I say ice blue I mean like iceberg ice blue, it was a very cool looking dog.

chilliman - shes just average size for the females of the breed, cane corso (pronounced Ka nay corso) 90 lbs which is about 41 Kg very smart dog & drool free :cool: unlike other mastiffs

DEFCON Creator said:

better lookout DC, as soon as they see your REM they'll chew your eyelids clean off! ;)

chilehunter said:
turkey - we're just razzing you about your dog size so dont take it to serious, its kinda like ford vs chevy.

potawie - thats a cool looking husky, great coat (color), someone I know had a husky for a little bit (I dont know why they sold him?) but the dog had basically the same kind of coat as yours & it had ice blue eyes :cool: when I say ice blue I mean like iceberg ice blue, it was a very cool looking dog.

chilliman - shes just average size for the females of the breed, cane corso (pronounced Ka nay corso) 90 lbs which is about 41 Kg very smart dog & drool free :cool: unlike other mastiffs

that's right Turkey! I love all dogs. I had a chihuahua x fox terrier from 6 weeks old until she died in her sleep on the lounge watching TV at around 14 years of age. she was my best mate. it doesn't matter how big they are, they all love their master!

41 kgs average size!! that's a big bitch chilehunter!! my boy would love to meat (yes I meant to spell it that way) her :)

chilliman64 said:
better lookout DC, as soon as they see your REM they'll chew your eyelids clean off! :cool:

I don't really have to worry about them seeing my "REM", I don't like the band, so they won't find any albums in my house. :cool:

I dont have any pics right now, afterall I am at work :cool:, I have a Staffordshire Terrier and an English Bulldog ...

LUCKYDOG said:
I dont have any pics right now, afterall I am at work :cool:, I have a Staffordshire Terrier and an English Bulldog ...

My roommate's got an American Staffordshire Terrier...

Wait, can we merge this with the other Pet Pics thread?

Really cool pics. I've always been fasinated by spiders and snakes. But................... After an encounter with a brown recluse last July, they leave a bad taste for me!! Could've lost my foot. I self medicated when it happened because I was at the Resort before I realized the trouble I was in.
58 hours before I got to the ER, but I had done all the 'right' things and already had the right meds. About 7 days of he11.

ouch! those bites are pretty rare though. they rarely bite..and when they do, they don't/can't always inject a lot of poison. i went to an arachnid conference in san antonio last year and one of the people i split a hotel room actually picked up a brown recluse and let it wander around on his hand/arm before releasing it into a bush. :?:

so far i haven't been bitten by any of my bugs, one of my snakes likes to bite every now and then..but it has a small mouth and even smaller teeth so it doesn't hurt at all. i just hope it has an attitude adjustment before it becomes full grown!

when i was in elementary school or middle school, i got bit by a decent sized centipede.. no necrotic effects like the venom of a brown recluse, but it sure hurt quite a bit!

xgrafcorex said:
so far i haven't been bitten by any of my bugs, one of my snakes likes to bite every now and then..but it has a small mouth and even smaller teeth so it doesn't hurt at all. i just hope it has an attitude adjustment before it becomes full grown!

when i was in elementary school or middle school, i got bit by a decent sized centipede.. no necrotic effects like the venom of a brown recluse, but it sure hurt quite a bit!

I've found that usually with snakes, the older and bigger they get they don't bite as much. At least my buddy with all the constrictors says so. He says the the babys are usually nervous as hell and are very, very defensive, i.e. bite alot. But they tend to calm down considerable as they get older and larger.

As for centipedes, those f**kers freak me the hell out. I can't stand those nasty sumbitches. I like all bugs EXCEPT those damn things. I got bit by one when i was around 4 or 5 and wound up in the ER because it nailed me in the neck and my throat and head swelled up and shut everything up.

Sickmont said:
I've found that usually with snakes, the older and bigger they get they don't bite as much. At least my buddy with all the constrictors says so. He says the the babys are usually nervous as hell and are very, very defensive, i.e. bite alot. But they tend to calm down considerable as they get older and larger.

As for centipedes, those f**kers freak me the hell out. I can't stand those nasty sumbitches. I like all bugs EXCEPT those damn things. I got bit by one when i was around 4 or 5 and wound up in the ER because it nailed me in the neck and my throat and head swelled up and shut everything up.

yea, i'm working on getting that particular snake used to being handled. corn snakes usually calm down if you keep handling them as they grow older.

hah yea that sucks about the pede bite. they hurt like hell! some have fairly significant venom as well.

imaguitargod said:
WHAT A MORON! WOW!

actually, he is quite knowledgeable about arachnids. he didn't just scoop it up, he spent over a minute steering it in the direction of his hand with either his other hand or a blade of grass..i forget (it was about a year ago) so that the spider chose to go onto his hand. thats where a lot of people get bit..when they try to force a spider to climb onto your hand. if they decide to, they will and will usually be pretty relaxed as long as you don't breath on them or mess with them. also, they really aren't prone to bite. they're chelicerae (two mouth parts that the fangs drop down out of) are fused, so it takes them some effort to bite. they prefer to scurry off and hide. though each has its own personality, and i guess that is part of why he didn't pick it up right away..to establish how it would react.

edit..hah i'm not saying i'd do it, but i'm chicken! :D

Back