• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

photography Photo Album

2012-10-11_18-02-45_248.jpg

Bluemeanietsi.... I never get sick of that view of the Burgh. Great pics!

Guessing the old gearhead thread is long buried. Here are some pics I took last month at the Motegi MotoGP race.

BVwB9.jpg

^Nicky Hayden

Yhv6D.jpg

^Andrea Dovizioso

BpQ4s.jpg

^Valentino Rossi

uPJrI.jpg

^Jorge Lorenzo, 2012 World Champion. Got his autograph on a ballcap I picked up at the track. He lost that day to Pedrosa, but as of Phillip Island, it's over points-wise.

Cool!

I wanted to see one when we visited SoFlo, but we never did.

We saw a few Land Manatees, if you know what I mean... LOL

Cool! I wanted to see one when we visited SoFlo, but we never did.
If you know someone where you visited, they might be able to show you where they hang out and you'll have a better chance to see them. But the winter time here is the best time to see them as they come into the intercoastal waterway and shallow rivers for the warmer water to mate.

We saw a few Land Manatees, if you know what I mean... LOL
lol

We were down hangin with Sicman, FryDaddy, SumofMyBits, and Wheebz.
We were there in April, went to Alabama Jacks and watched for them, but no luck.
I got to see some of those Needle Fish? and clawless Lobsters at Biscayne Ntl. Park.

We were down hangin with Sicman, FryDaddy, SumofMyBits, and Wheebz.
We were there in April, went to Alabama Jacks and watched for them, but no luck.
I got to see some of those Needle Fish? and clawless Lobsters at Biscayne Ntl. Park.
That sounds very cool, I'd love to see Sicman's farm, the pics look great! That said, if you're up there again, Crystal River would be your best bet to see them, it's about 1hr 17mins NW of his place.

Edit: google says 53.3 miles, could be less drive time depending on traffic

It's beautiful where he's at. nice and quiet, wide open.
We flew into Tampa, and stayed with them a couple days,
then down to Sarasota for a night, then we all drove down to FDs house in Miami, and

Tore.

It.

Up!

There's a thread around here somewhere documenting the whole thing.

It's beautiful where he's at. nice and quiet, wide open.
We flew into Tampa, and stayed with them a couple days,
then down to Sarasota for a night, then we all drove down to FDs house in Miami, and

Tore.

It.

Up!

There's a thread around here somewhere documenting the whole thing.
Sounds like a lot of fun, btw you can spot them in Tampa Bay as well but without a boat it's hard to get to the places they hang. Near the nuke plants outflow from cooling system seems to hold a load of them basking in the hot water. Been long since I boated in that area but IIRC it's near Apollo Beach, just south of Tampa. That said, Crystal River would be better IMHO.

Edit: seems I was wrong, no nuke in Tampa but it could be coal burning, regardless they have a viewing place http://www.tampaelectric.com/company/mvc/

Back