• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Pinoy83's one last try!!!2015...Aquaponics(Golden Hawaiian Tilapias)

Runescape said:
Holy cow that looks neat...

Saw the top half of the pic and thought it was a close up of a brussel sprout plant lol...

Peppers are looking awesome as well...
lol giant brussel sprout

Cool Papaya plant... it reminds me of something I heard from the cook on a submarine in WWII... his boat operated out of the south Pacific, and they'd take on grass-fed Australian beef in Freemantle. It was tougher than most Americans were used to, but he got some jugs of Papaya juice and painted some on the steaks and let them sit for a few minutes before putting them in the oven. The Papain enzyme in the Papaya juice tenderized the steaks, and the heat from the oven stopped the process at the right point. If left too long it turned the meat to a gray mush. If I could, I'd plant a Mango tree here for making pepper sauces... ;)

we use ripe papaya for our one wedding menu...we marinate the prime rib with pureed papaya to tenderized it,its vauum sealed...then grilled, and to finish it off with home made bbq korean bbq sauce and you can taste the sweetness of the papaya at the same time :drooling:  :drooling:  :drooling: ...and theres tons of mango tree here also but none in my yard  :mope: ...

stickman said:
Cool Papaya plant... it reminds me of something I heard from the cook on a submarine in WWII... his boat operated out of the south Pacific, and they'd take on grass-fed Australian beef in Freemantle. It was tougher than most Americans were used to, but he got some jugs of Papaya juice and painted some on the steaks and let them sit for a few minutes before putting them in the oven. The Papain enzyme in the Papaya juice tenderized the steaks, and the heat from the oven stopped the process at the right point. If left too long it turned the meat to a gray mush. If I could, I'd plant a Mango tree here for making pepper sauces... ;)
we use ripe papaya for our one wedding menu...we marinate the prime rib with pureed papaya to tenderized it,its vauum sealed...then grilled, and to finish it off with home made bbq korean bbq sauce and you can taste the sweetness of the papaya at the same time  :drooling:   :drooling:   :drooling: ...and theres tons of mango tree here also but none in my yard   :mope: ...

transferred my shelf to the other side of the yard, to give them more sun...and to give space to my another project..

new project.....just waiting for the other stuffs to be delivered today

Aerobabies under skirt shot...changing nutes to just Million of microbes for the next 4weeks

Kratky Method URFA biber...doing pretty well

Hibiscus

Very Cool Jericson! Is that where the Aero-babies are going when you get it all set up? Are you going to put some kind of cover over the tub to keep rainwater from diluting the nutrient solution too much?

stickman said:
Very Cool Jericson! Is that where the Aero-babies are going when you get it all set up? Are you going to put some kind of cover over the tub to keep rainwater from diluting the nutrient solution too much?
ill put some of the aerobabies, need to harden them off still, nah its gonna be open, just shade cloth, no nutrient solution...im doing aquaponics on this setup
Everything in place and connected...time to cycle the water then add some golden tilapias

and my guinea pigs

my new setup for my yard added my aquaponics system

guinea pigs still surviving...bok choys,pok choys, mammoth sunflower and yellow hibiscus

babies almost time for haircuts

aerobabies got there haircuts

black scorpion tongue and 7pot douglah

organic hibiscus flower roselle...making my own tea

and my golden hawaiian tilapias

I just love the experiment!

I'm taking the theory is the fish add the nutes and it's all a cycle.

Can't wait to see how it works out there mad scientist! ;)

Looking great! Keen on these updates. Is the top of your gravel damp? If so, you might have algae issues. Water level needs to be about 1-2 inches below gravel. Are you using the flood and drain system? Also, can we have more pics of the fish ;) (Asking a lot, I know!)

Back