• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Potawie's Pepper Progress 2008

I still have lots of aphids but also lots of ladybugs and their larvae so things should balance out eventually. You can see by the color of the leaves that I haven't been fertilizing very much. I plan to pump them up a bit once the aphids are more under control.

AJ, some of the insect bombs are pyrethrum based and quite expensive so I usually prefer to just spray regular pyrethrum insecticide and keep things tidy by getting rid of all soil and pots etc. The bombs do a good job when needed but you can probably also use something stonger and cheaper like raid if all your plants are removed.

I'm sure you'll do really well in the chileman competition potawie with Jalapeno M and the corking. They're looking great. I bet mine will be as smooth as a baby's bum.

rainbowberry said:
I'm sure you'll do really well in the chileman competition potawie with Jalapeno M and the corking.

I started the Jal M plant before the chileman contest began.:( I don't want you to be calling me a cheater:lol:

Actually I'm not growing the MuchoNacho. I have seeds and was going to, but already too many jalapeno varieties.
I think I have: grande, gigantia, concho, pinata, and Jal M

This overwintered Guadaloupe hab is getting me excited.:P Its getting huge quickly and is already loaded with flowers and new pods. I don't even remember how they taste but it must not have been bad.

Pods are new and still very tiny

I wished my plants looked as healthy as yours do Potawie....maybe one of these days I will learn...

Potawie...Your plants are just amazing, they are making my mouth water with anticipation for my own plants/pods.

AJ, your plants are also looking amazing...You're too modest ;) ...LOL :P

Back