• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds PRF seed tray '09

the season has its bumps, but you seem to have overcome...great looking plants Cappy...

AlabamaJack said:
the season has its bumps, but you seem to have overcome...

You have to expect bumps in the road with peppers. They are tempermental plants that will tell you if something is just not right. The extra peat helped save my plants. Went out to the garden and everything has new growth this morning. I did plant two pepper plants in some of my terra cotta containers for comparison side by side in the same soil. One has a yellow habanero next to a yellow scorpion, the next has a mustard habanero next to a cappucino habanero, the next a chocolate habanero next to a chocolate scotch bonnet, and the forth has a red savina next to a carribean red habanero. Should make for some interesting comparisons. Life is good with a garden hose in hand.

Took the liberty to start some 7 Pot Yellow from AJ's garden. Started them inside and moved outside very young. Will baby these like I did the Fatalli but outside. These are going to be my prized plants for the year.;)
IMG_2355.jpg

they look darling PRF...I have to say these were the hottest in my garden last year and they were pretty good sized pods too...

makes me grin to see you growing seeds I sent you...

AJ, I'm growing some too from your seed gift. They're beautiful plants now. :) Can't wait to see them grow outside in a month or so.

Chris

Hey Chris we are all growing many seed from you my friend. Just an update the Yellow Scorpions and Morouga I received from you are my best looking plants. The Douglah I have a couple but only half germinated but those look great. I have a couple from Sara growing so I should be able to help out the cause come fall. The Bih look incredible and have much more of a Jolokia leaf shape than my Bhuts. Also have a Jonah and a special light green Bih looking good. Thanks always my friend.

Beautiful plants PRF! Your back yard must look like a UFO landed in it at the end of the season with all those pots man!

BTW, the 7Pot seeds you sent me are looking great. Just a little bigger than those yellow 7's from AJ's you've pictured. I've got four of them, and if they don't have enough time this year to produce, they're getting overwintered!

bigt said:
BTW, I was looking for that Black Kow, but couldn't find it and settled on the Tomato Tone. The more I read about ferts, the more I learn that less is more. The average homeowner uses 10x more fertilizer than the average farmer. And farmers do it for a living.

Tomato Tone is really good stuff man. I had a Mowhawk bell in a pot last year that started lookin sad, so I re-potted up to a larger size and gave it a cup of tomato tone mixed into the soil. That plant was sooooo covered in blossoms, It was all I could do by the end of the season to keep the peppers from rotting on the plant! I was eating my fill fresh in the garden, and couldn't harvest them fast enough. I'm gonna give all my plants a healthy dose of the stuff in the bottom of each hole I dig when planting out, and side dress a few times as an experiment this year. The rest will get Fish emulsion and Seaweed.

We'll see who reigns supreme!

Happy Cinco de Mayo THP.:cheers: Just a couple early morning shots of my peppers starting to take off. I have compared some pics of the garden from last year and feel I am little behind. Hopefully they will get a huge growth spurt in May and June. Other than that I think they are happy in their new container mix.
IMG_2372.jpg

IMG_2379.jpg

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Happy Cinco de Mayo THP.:cheers: Just a couple early morning shots of my peppers starting to take off. I have compared some pics of the garden from last year and feel I am little behind. Hopefully they will get a huge growth spurt in May and June. Other than that I think they are happy in their new container mix.
IMG_2372.jpg

IMG_2379.jpg

Give em some N. Bet they'll green right up and take off.:)

Guru that is exactly what I thought. Got this green jug of Bonnie Plants liquid Herb & Vegetable plant food that was with the plants outside at Lowe's. It is high N. 8-4-4 and will use it until the plants green up like you say. Used some yesterday afternoon and already see a difference that is why I finally took some pics this am.

Yea I agree with the other guys...I think they are looking good. What is that big guy back buy the pool?

Right on ya'll! Josh that overwintered plant is a huge Datil that I received seed last year and only one one grew. It is already loaded with green pods, one ripe last week. Tony I understand it's just that I have you all and these great seeds, like AJ says pods in July! The big storm just came through here and we barely got a drop. Iggy thanks a bunch, I do think they are growing as fast as they should, they droop in the evenings.

very nice start Cappy...good looking plants...

do you separate the containers as the peppers grow?

Back