• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds PRF seed tray '09

bigt said:
I had one tomato hornworm last year and it destroyed a Japones plant in a couple of days early in the season. I thought it was deer nibbling on it until I spotted the little sucker (not really that little) hiding under a leaf. I figured the plant was a goner as almost all the leaves were gone, but it went on a growth spurt after that just making new leaves while my other Japones was making peppers. It eventually outgrew the non-damaged plant and made even more pods, just later in the season. Amazing.

Yes, it's amazing how large they get, and how quickly they can strip a plant.

Pepper plants can be tough.

If they weren't, mine would have never survived last summer. They got lots and lots of benevolent neglect.

Moved the first wave of 70 plants back under the halide this morning because getting ready to start potting up seed tray 3 and 4. Do you ever have this sinking feeling you are quickly running out of space for all your plants. I only have one light that I can use to grow my plants and it makes it hard trying to keep up with the likes of AJ. I need spring and it's suppose to snow here Monday.
IMG_2177.jpg

IMG_2176.jpg

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Moved the first wave of 70 plants back under the halide this morning because getting ready to start potting up seed tray 3 and 4. Do you ever have this sinking feeling you are quickly running out of space for all your plants. I only have one light that I can use to grow my plants and it makes it hard trying to keep up with the likes of AJ. I need spring and it's suppose to snow here Monday.

Haha - Cappy cracks me up. He can refer to his crop of plants as a "wave" and not be exaggerating. Very nice.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
I need spring and it's suppose to snow here Monday.

Tell me about it!

Most years I can start putting things in the cold frame by now, and I am seriously running out of room!

Beautiful!
I'm counting on the sun to do most of the work from here on out. All I need to worry about are cold mornings. Got a sunny spot?

Thanks all. I am like you Carol in that I like to use the sun as much as possible. I just think the halide will be really good for these plants for a few weeks. Almost have all my window sill space filled again with new cups from wave 2. I can flip flop if needed. If I can pull this juggling act off with only one grow lamp and the sun it will be amazing. Have about 150 plants total. Back to transplanting...

Just 1 week under the MH and they have really taken off. I have 88 plants on the floor in my closet and all seem very happy. Some really nice weather headed this way so major yard work this weekend. Overwintered plants going outside to sit in the shade and get a good drink of water.:cool:
IMG_2181.jpg

Yes! Yes! Finally this weekend we get some spring weather! *And* we go on Daylight savings time!

Your plants look gorgeous.

Overwintered Trinidad Scorpion, White Habanero, Bhut Jolokia, Datil, and 7 Pod all flowering. The 7 Pod is eye level with me and should be a monster. First time outside getting a drink from the hose in about 3 months.
IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

You know I'm starting to think you guys don't like seeing pictures of my pepper success. No big deal here. It is what is wrong with America today, we as a nation forgot how to cultivate our own food and manufacture goods. The booze cruise has hit an iceburg and everybody's looking to Obama for a handout. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime. I enjoy eating peppers with my mahi-mahi.:P:P:P

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
You know I'm starting to think you guys don't like seeing pictures of my pepper success. No big deal here. It is what is wrong with America today, we as a nation forgot how to cultivate our own food and manufacture goods. The booze cruise has hit an iceburg and everybody's looking to Obama for a handout. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime. I enjoy eating peppers with my mahi-mahi.:P:P:P

Gloating is so unattractive in a man.

Back