• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds PRF seed tray '09

Hotpeppa said:
does using your window sill the way you do make it easier when hardening off ?

Actually I use the 400 watt MH for a couple weeks before they go outside. The high intensity of that light makes it much easier for my plants to adjust to outside light. I use the window sill while they are just starting in cups to make strong roots.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Gloating is way more attractive than starving homelessly in a ditch somewhere looking for a handout.

It's way more attractive than goatse, too.

However, I was joking around about the high quality of your plants, unaware that you were bloviating on politics. Shall I demand equal time, then?

Nice pics Cappy, I just put all my overwintered aphid battlers back outside too. 70F here in VA today and it was 7F Tuesday morning, crazy. I'll give them a couple of hours today and then they can live in my garage for the night. No more basement. A lot easier to take them in and out if it gets cold at night also. I have a couple of seedlings that are going outside in a week or two and see if they can survive a few cold nights in the garage. I'm betting they can. I love your pics dude, it gives the rest of us something to aspire to. And yeah - having goals is good. In spite of what Obama says. Don't get me started on politics.

My med size ones are staying out overnight too. I get tired of moving them in and out every day so this warm weather will give me a break. They get a couple hours less light but get some chill training instead.
The babies still get pampered - another 7 newborns today. They go in the sun with everything else when it warms up in the morning.

Plants from the first wave are in the tub for a week till they go outside for good. Second wave just started under MH this morning. One more cold front headed my way this weekend.
IMG_2207.jpg

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2201.jpg

so nice and lush and green looking Cappy...you are going to have a great year....

I don't know how cold it is supposed to get in SC this weekend, but it is 36 here this morning...

For the fist time in more than 3 months I have no more seed trays at all. Total count is 222 peppers and 55 tomatoes. Come on sunny spring weather. I am wore out taking care of them all.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
For the fist time in more than 3 months I have no more seed trays at all. Total count is 222 peppers and 55 tomatoes. Come on sunny spring weather. I am wore out taking care of them all.

ha ha ha

yeah i can imagine, but just take a step back and enjoy all the hard work.. they look so happy...

Seeing peoples plants from the south, with all their growth and bright green leaves, almost makes me want to move.

Nice looking plants PRF...Thanks for sharing.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:

Damn Cappy, I don't know how you do it. I think we need to test you for PEDs.:lol:

Back