beer RocketMan's BrewLog

bourbon county you say?

well then the recipe changed from what it was originally, because I have the original recipe from around 10 years ago for bourbon county saved on my laptop from Goose Island, and the one I have doesnt have debitered black malt, and also has cara-pils in it

[SIZE=9pt]two row                                   3000                                                        KETTLE[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]aromatic                                   200                          [/SIZE]                [SIZE=9pt]                Northdown                                              44[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]caramel 120                             200                                                                                          [/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]roast barley                              300                                                          No W-Pool Charge [/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]chocolate                                 200[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]munich                                    100[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]carapils                                    50[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]thats the grain bill I have for a final boil volume of 28bbls, with a gravity of 28P[/SIZE]

ohai BC grain ratios ...

thanks Wheebz, and RM =)

the 2014's better than the 2015, that much I know ...

also, the nitro version I had from a keg last year at the grand opening of WoB downtown was way better than any I've had from a bottle ...

i'm having a shitty time w/ pet health here, the last week or so, but i'll look forward to building a recipe on that ratio!

:CHEERS:

So it would look something like

two row           3000 74%
aromatic            200 5%
caramel 120      200 5%
roast barley+     300 7%
chocolate          200 5%
munich              100 2%
carapils               50 1%
Total Grain      4050 100%

grantmichaels said:
Haha ... you were talking a lot about session beers last weekend, LOL ...
I never said anything about making session beer. Just split batches. To try some stuff out. I'll still try to adhere to styles. I can't think of a single beer between 3-4% ABV that I would brew. Not that everything has to a strong ale though.

Ozzy2001 said:
I never said anything about making session beer. Just split batches. To try some stuff out. I'll still try to adhere to styles. I can't think of a single beer between 3-4% ABV that I would brew. Not that everything has to a strong ale though.

Could have been SMaSH, and you might have been talking about a brew "session" ... not sure ...

I don't pay attention under the best circumstances, so I might def be wrong now ... LOL ...

Ozzy2001 said:
Lol hell I was fuct up that night. Yeah, I just meant I was gonna try some different stuff out. Not a true session brew with low ABVs. Seems like you would loose a lot of the flavors that way.
Haha ... fair enough ...

My beautiful wife got back from her trip to Switzerland and the U.K. this weekend and of course she brought everyone a present back. The kids got some really good Swiss chocolate but what does she bring me?

A Swiss beer mug! So, since I don't have any beers from Switzerland I busted out a Belgian Farmhouse Ale. It was really a good beer however the mug isn't very big so I'd get about 2 or 3 sips and have to refill it :)

1A184DC1-55BE-46CD-A447-806C4DBEF5FD_zpsuzm2vqcz.jpg

E52F8012-F51E-4E31-98AB-7BD01ED8D7C8_zpsdnlky4iq.jpg

Back