contest September TD Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so being that I now work thursday night through sunday mornings, 14 hour shifts, can we extend the TD's to Monday nights instead of Sundays?

What in the world requires you to work 14 hours a day? (I'm toast by hour 10)

Brewing beer man

14 hour shifts, thursay nights through monday mornings

making beer isnt a glamorous job whatsoever, as much as almost the entire US population thinks it is

that is actually part of what I do, quality control and sampling

apparently I have the most refined palate at the brewery, and boy do they put it to use

apparently I have the most refined palate at the brewery, and boy do they put it to use

So what you are saying is that they make you drink a lot of beer? Man that has to be rough.

It's been shown in studies that chile-heads actually do have a better sense of taste, and a more refined palate. Your job sounds sweet.

14 hour shifts lugging around 100lb hoses, 55lb bags of grain and brewery additives, standing on top of 70ft tall fermenters wearing a harness lugging 200lbs of hops into a hopper in 110 degree temps, cleaning out drains that are so dirty there are strands of bacteria growing under them, crawling into spaces the size of a car to clean out mold that grows on glycol lines, knowing that if you screw up you are dumping tens of thousands of dollars right down the drain

brewing is FAR from glamorous

How is that NOT glamorous?

unless they get you all buzzy then make you clean bathrooms...?

14 hour shifts lugging around 100lb hoses, 55lb bags of grain and brewery additives, standing on top of 70ft tall fermenters wearing a harness lugging 200lbs of hops into a hopper in 110 degree temps, cleaning out drains that are so dirty there are strands of bacteria growing under them, crawling into spaces the size of a car to clean out mold that grows on glycol lines, knowing that if you screw up you are dumping tens of thousands of dollars right down the drain

OOps just a tad late, maybe cleaning bathrooms buzzy not so bad. I tip my hat to you sir.

Hey...I understand. People think it must be so cool to own an equestrian farm...non-stop repairs, 50# sacks of feed by the truck load, 80# hay bales by the semi load, 120+ degrees with heat index, 3 or more showers a day, cleaning stalls laced with black widows the size of vollyballs, mid-afternoon "roundup" to hose them off so they don't die, because if you screw that up, you're burying tens of thousands of dollars in prime pasture land...that is if the hydraulics on the tractor can handle it...if not, there's a shovel, a spade, and a breaker bar.

The difference is...I come in at night needing one of your beers...you don't come in at night needing one of my horses. ;)

And that's not even my full time job...as a middle school science teacher. That'll get anyone to needing a beer.

Booo...I've read the responses and the excuses. I can do a taco in 10 minutes. Got time to drink. Got time to cook. I was working 14 hour days in Las Vegas. "Can't" never did anything. I always do the impossible first, the tough stuff later. C'mon Wheebz, time to get on the A Team.

Well because of those 14 hour minimum days, 7 days a week schedules is why I've been MIA for a while... doing Quality Control and Land Surveying for Heavy Construction projects (bridges, locks & dams, highways, levees, etc) around the country.

Too tired for beer, getting online, or cooking at the end of the day. Hopefully my next project will actually be within an hour of the house, so we can get off the road for a while, and actually spend time at home... instead of seeing it only a couple of times a year.

And just noticed I stumbled onto a possible Tex-Mex Magarita/fajita TD? :woohoo:
It's good to be back! :dance:

wheebz,
just think of yourself as the Mash Pastor. Tending to your flock and ministering to their needs...like what LunchBox needs at the end of the day. Making sure that everyone has the flavor thye want, easing their pain and suffering~~~~

You are truly following a higher calling! And your "flock" appreciates all of your work and sacrifice 16 ounces at a time.

Lunchbox, "..teacher..." would be enough to make me want a beer :crazy:

Coach!- Nice to see you back around! and yea...you stumbled into a great TD. MEXICAN! :woohoo: Hope you have a little time around the hacienda now-

You are probably sick of NOOBS asking this, but this is the way I see it...
The TD rules are posted Friday?
We have until Sunday night (maybe Monday((labor day)) to post 2 pictures?
Not a really big deal, and I have no problems with screwing up, I do it all the time.

Just planning my week/weekend and wanted to see if I'm close.

peas out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back