contest September TD Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rules and PoL (proof of life) are usually posted early Friday afternoon (our time) and usually go until sometime Sunday evening. Extended time for the holiday weekend is at The Boss's discretion.

The way the last couple TDs have been going is- we can post numerous prep/teaser/cooking pics but the final TD post can only have 2 pictures with the complete description of what's been cooked, ingredients, etc. All of this is subject to change according to how The Boss wants to work things and we just "roll with it, baby" and have a whole lot of fun!

Just don't wait until the last minute to post! Your clock might be off from the forum's clock and if you miss the deadline...TBSS! You're pretty safe if you plan on cooking between Friday evening and Sunday morning/early afternoon.

Just remember to allow for time zone differences. THP posts in East Coast time. Aussies have to account for a whole different day~ :crazy:

Just planning my week/weekend and wanted to see if I'm close.

You're going to do fine!

Follow this routine (it's how I roll for throwdowns, for what it's worth):
You know it's going to be Mexican, Tex-Mex, whatever. Get your idea ready. Buy preliminary ingredients if you have to.

Friday: Wait till the afternoon for the rules to be posted. Watch the few early entries, comment appropriately. Adjust your ingredients if the rules don't allow.
Saturday: Drink a beer as soon as you wake up. Repeat until you made what you thought you were going to make on Wednesday.
Sunday: Post whatever happened on Saturday. It was probably good. After, rinse the bear fur off your privates.
Monday: Vote for Sum.

It's worked for 2 years. Good times, these throwdowns are.

FD

Too late FD you have trichinosis :rofl:

I bought a non-patterned plate, and matching bowl today, so I don't have to use my scratched-to-hell Texas flag plates.

You beeeeeeeches are going dooooooowwwwwwn.

I bought a non-patterned plate, and matching bowl today, so I don't have to use my scratched-to-hell Texas flag plates.

You beeeeeeeches are going dooooooowwwwwwn.

blahblahblah yaddayaddayadda-----whatever!

I scored at the Dollar Store.... so I'll see you a white plate and raise you a SQUARE white plate!

:woohoo:

edit- dumped off my black plates and bowls to the thrift store this week. I know I bought them at a yard sale for $5, but they never did click. Glad to have them gone~

It's the last lap before the start of the race. Let's have some fun!

You guys are cracking me up. Now we have to get special plates? Damn it! :lol: I thought if I just threw in some cactus leaves and a donkey suit I'd be a shoe in.

cactus LEAVES...... (((must find)))))

google search---ordered....express shipping.......
GOT IT!!!!!

I Got Cactus Leaves for the FOO!!!!! :woohoo:
;)

DONKEY SUIT?????? You're on your own there, JayT!

JayT wants an ass suit :lol:

Is that for Bear?

i have a bunch of square white plates

BUT

I bet you all dont have a HEXAGONAL WHITE PLATE!!!!

actually I dont either, but it would be cool nonetheless

Aight. I may be a little late to the party but here is my idea.

Recession Garden Throwdown.
• $5.00 dollar limit on other supplies. Does not include the standard kitchen fare (butter, milk, herbs, spices, etc).
• Must use 3 different garden items and at least one hot pepper.
• Your only limitation outside of that is creativity.
• For validation/authenticity you must show a picture of the plant you picked from for each of your ingredients and a newspaper with the date must be included in the pic.

That is all.

Um, this is pretty much what we did last month Seth. C'mon bro, gotta represent the PA Posse better than that. Now get your taco on!

Does anyone here dig Oaxaca style Mexican?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back