• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest September TD Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with my .375 H&H I couldn't shoot Bear. I'm too much of a wuss I reckon. Bear is just too cute but damn if he doesn't make a mess. SL don't shoot him 'til I have one of his Cuban sammich's while fishing in the Keys. After that.....open season!

Looks like things are gettin' Donkey Kong in this thread.

FD says he's got the TEX, and looking for his inner MEX... TOO many jokes.

I did eleven years in Arizona... sounds like a prison sentence... maybe it was. Locked in a cell of architecture, drunkenness, and handed styrofoam cartons of Mexican goodness.

I got this TD. Horchata me an Horchata... and make it Irish.

TB... get down here and do some fishin'!

Bear just read my post....

"F yeah! Arizona!" Then he poured three Busch Lights in an alligator-skin boot, drank it, and yelled out "Das Boot!"

Should have yelled out... "Botas con pelo!"

The things SoFlo has to put up with for being so awesome.

I am going to need a cameraman for this one. I want my final pic to be of my meal in the foreground with me leisure diving in the donkey suit in the background. That should do it for me right?

Ok I haven't been following this one and decided to look through. As always I am honestly lost on the Bear line of humor, but I missed the loading call for that train long ago it seems.

Still it seems some of y'all are really throwing down on a different level

JayT I hope you used some sheepskin protection.
Don't want to give anything away, but I am doing a mole.
800px-Close-up_of_mole.jpg

I have read a lot about salsa being required in this one. Anyone want to give a definition of what constitutes a salsa. Are we thinking strictly pico de gallo (what most Americans think of when thinking of salsa) or really just any sauce?

I hope to get into this one. I have been trying to get into the last few but I have been denied by the boss of the house (the girlfriend) taking up all my weekend time. At least this time she likes Mexican too so I might be able to pull the wool over her eyes that I am doing this for a throw down.

I think we're going with "any sauce"- fresh, cooked, fruit, vegetable, chunky, smooth~~~
The Boss (THP) will most likely post the definition in the rules when the TD starts.

Just hope your lady doesn't start wondering why you're taking so many pics of ingredients, cooking pans and plates!
:lol:

Oh dear definitions again? Salsa is salsa. There are many types not just pico. I really hate when we have to define.

Yes salsa means sauce, but the name has changed to mean a particular type of sauce, and it differs from hot sauce. You know what salsa is.

Are we thinking strictly pico de gallo (what most Americans think of when thinking of salsa) or really just any sauce?

Dude. you live in Pittsburgh, probably making you an American.
If you tell someone your food has SALSA on it, what does that mean? Make that. It won't matter.

People have tried to ask for definitions before on Throwdowns, but in the end, it's not that big a deal. Make whatever you think salsa is.

If you think salsa is a roasted rack of Lamb and new potatoes, you might get some heat.
If you think salsa is anything saucy and somewhat spicy, you're probably covered no matter what the ingredients are.

So give your girlfriend a few tequila drinks, whip up some SALSA (whatever you think that is) and some awesome Mexican food, and enjoy the Throwdown!!!!
Glad to have you on board!!!! :)

I like salsa. Justaguy, you have been lucky that you don't know Bear yet. When he showed up here he smelled really funny and drank all my beer before giving the wife a scary David Hasselhoff look. I distracted him by throwing him another beer and hustled her out of the room just in time. Later, I found him planking on my living room floor. Very frightening to my five year old.

For those wanting to know. Do a simple pico. Finely diced onion, tomato, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime juice, salt and pepper and you're good. Everythang else...slap it on a corn or flour tortilla and you're legal. Bring your rice, beans, avocado, grilled, stewed, meats, along with some Mexican brewhaha's or tequila and you're in like Flynn. Color it up with whatever. Jesus candles? Why not.

Scoville Deville... *THE UNDISPUTED KING OF MOLE'.....
isn't doing Mole' this time. I got to get used to holding a camera while I eat and Mole' ain't the way.

Do a straight-up Mole' TD (I would advise not to) and I'm all in. (yup.... challenge!)
Fact is, eet no photo soo guud seenyor!

*VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, NO PURCHASE NECESSARY, CONTEST RULES SUBJECT TO JUDGEMENT. "UNDISPUTED" MAY OR MAY NOT MEAN ACTUALLY UNDISPUTED UNTIL ACTUALLY WINNING A TD OR ANY OTHER "MOLE'" CONTEST. NO OFFENSE SHOULD BE TAKIN, BY ANYONE, EXCEPT WHERE DESERVED. PLEASE ADVISE THE CLEAR "CHALLENGE" GIVIN. IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW CAN MAKE MOLE', PLEASE SEE ADMINISTRATION FOR INSTIGATING A "MOLE' THROW-DOWN". TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY, PLEASE SEE ADMIN. FOR DETAILS

peas out!

This is the TD thread, no?
yeah I'm drunk, got to grout an entire bathroom tomorrow, and it's illegal in these parts to grout not-hungover. And when i hear the word Mole' I flip out!
did you read the fine print??????????

Should I go to the "Smashed for life thread and rant about mole 5- 4 days before a TD?

SD, no backing down you have to make a mole now.

We fknay!! here's to health!!!!! my left ear is so plugged, I can hear jupiter! seriously! peroxide, olive oil, peroxide, olive oil, peroxide... you get the point. now it's beer. tomorrorw. GROUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back