• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest September TD Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow peppers...
Just stumbled on this thread today...(Actually the whole TD topic)...
Wish I would have found it on the 5th.. I can totaly do the $5 thing...
As I started reading this thread I was thinking to myself that I was going to suggest Mexican...so I was happy as I progressed through it that that is where it ended up....

I'm a n00b to the site..but not to cooking hot stuff....two blown out colons and a rebuilt plastic stomach to prove it…..not to mention my chrome plated esophagus..lol…

I’m in for this one with my all time favorite (indoor) dish…ch….oopps..almost spilled the beans…(Pinto that is)…

I look forward to the competition so until the 2[sup]nd[/sup] Adios muchachos

V

Ohh and just an afterthought...
I know this is SL's call and she made a good one but I was thinking.......

Since this will be Labor Day the traditional end of summer...A BBQ might have been in order...
But You may have done that already...
Just food for thought..Doooh......
V

I’m in for this one with my all time favorite (indoor) dish…ch….oopps..almost spilled the beans…(Pinto that is)…

Welcome V!
BBQ has been done, but then again, BBQ also kind of fits into just about every theme.
If we did tex-mex, you could do, for example, carne asada, or some smoked carnitas or something.

Just sit back and watch what's about to happen!!! Glad you joined up in time.

This is a ton of fun! Practice on the Cooking with Fire threads like Drunken Chef. same people. Get some good photo advice, etc...

Don't ever make chili with beans, though. You'll instantly lose half of your votes (including mine)!! :)

FD

Don't ever make your chili WITHOUT beans, too. You'll instantly lose half of your votes (but I'll vote for you!)!! :)

FD

SV DV, did you mean FD4?

and I swing both ways ...with beans and without....

Vultture! Nice to have you here and I'm looking forward to your TD foods. Hang out, enjoy the smacktawlk~~~ it's all good~~~

don't know how to quote propery here so have some simpathy...but here goes...

BBQ has been done, but then again, BBQ also kind of fits into just about every theme.
If we did tex-mex, you could do, for example, carne asada, or some smoked carnitas or something.

Just sit back and watch what's about to happen!!! Glad you joined up in time.

This is a ton of fun! Practice on the Cooking with Fire threads like Drunken Chef. same people. Get some good photo advice, etc...

Don’t worry I plan on making BBQ a part of this….

And I have lots of practice...lol

I’ve been (Real) BBQ’ing for 45years…no bul shet..(just so it doesn’t get censored) and I mean slow cooked over hard wood charcoal I make myself…with water soaked hard wood for the smoke flavor…(apple..cherry..pecon… and mesquite)….
If you BBQ with gas...you're not cooking with fire...lol

Don't ever make chili with beans, though. You'll instantly lose half of your votes (including mine)!!
Don't ever make your chili WITHOUT beans, too. You'll instantly lose half of your votes (but I'll vote for you!)!! :)
so which is it...lol

check out my profile…...(@ SL) You'll see which way I swing...(ment that in a good way) ..so hard to convey real feelings in text...

This will be good Amigo's y Amiga's..
Theres a new sheriff (chef) in town..and I'm gunning for you all.....HaHaHa...
Until the 2nd then....and you'all better bring it...

Dam no comment on by rebuilt digestive system...oh well..
V

So......

Tex-mex...

Boss...everyone who gets more votes than TB gets a crown. What do you think about that?
It's like throwdowns meet predator.

But not "To Catch A Predator", because that's why Bear hasn't been around lately.

It's all accusation.

As long as you stay away in the early spring, he's just like everyone else.

He sleeps all winter long and wakes up...hungry!

How does he survive that long without beer? And why does he need to hibernate in SoFlo? I mean its warm there. Wait. Maybe he's just really drunk and passed out that long. :drunk: Bear, that guy.

Sorry FD4. a low IQ mistake! I just live with it....

Maybe I missed it but, Mex? Tex-Mex? Spain? Cuba? India? Salsa dancing? where're we at?
I wanna make thro down!! Post pics I can now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back