• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Should we have a fun 2009 grow contest?

My "friends" at Reamers (sic) want to chart this contest. They ask that all participants list the following if they buy seeds from them:

Date and time Seeds Sown: please list in MM/DD/YY HR/MN/SC format.
Type of potting soil used - include UPC code
Volume of container used to sow seeds: state in cubic inches
Depth of soil below seed: within 1/50th of an inch
Depth of soil on top of seed: within 1/50th of an inch
Average Morning (7-10 am) temperature per week
Average Afternoon (11 am-3 pm) temperature per week
Average Evening (4-8 pm) temperature per week
Average Overnight (9 pm-6am) temperature per week
Amount of water applied per day - in ml
Analysis of water - include all trace minerals
Temperature of water applied
Temperature of soil before and after application of water
Type of lighting used
Initial Lumens of bulb
Distance of light from top of plants (please report in 4 hour increments and measure within a millimeter)
Fertilizer used - include UPC code
Mixture ratio - please use grams of fertilizer per liter of water or ounces per quart

Note: failure to provide the above data will result in your exclusion from our report on the comparison grow.

If you bought the seeds from us and do not win the contest, failure to supply the data will result in you and the next three generations of offspring being banned from ordering from us.

Happy Growing,

Reamers Customer Support

Hey I know know i`m slow but would be glad to get in.A comparison would be neat to see from everyone. Yea Patrick you sound right.Lets try.

tony05 said:
Probably dodgy ones :lol:

Mine are pure strain from the chilli institute mob

gonna go talk to the hydroponics place in the next couple of weeks...... gonna need some gear i think.

do you remember that add on the radio years ago...........

grow your own, grow your own, grow your own, grow your own, grow your own, grow your own, grow your own,.......... tomatoes

Not wrong about the puking:lol: I guess i will fall in line and plant on the 13th also.

I do remember the add mate i loved it:) A guy i went to school with used to own the hydro shop at maitland but his since sold up after the mully boom!!

I would recommend buying of ebay tony, everything except bulbs there are some great deals, like you save 70percent from new.

These extra drys are starting to kick in:)

tony05 said:
Oh stop it your making me puke!

Novacastrian said:
Not wrong about the puking:lol:

:Lets out a manly roar and open hand slaps both of them in the face.......Then runs away giggling:

tony05 said:
do you remember that add on the radio years ago...........

grow your own, grow your own, grow your own, grow your own, grow your own, grow your own, grow your own,.......... tomatoes :lol:

It was: Grow, grow, grow your own bushy green............Tomatoes.

get it right fool......:D

wordwiz said:
My "friends" at Reamers (sic) want to chart this contest. They ask that all participants list the following if they buy seeds from them:

Date and time Seeds Sown: please list in MM/DD/YY HR/MN/SC format.
Type of potting soil used - include UPC code
Volume of container used to sow seeds: state in cubic inches
Depth of soil below seed: within 1/50th of an inch
Depth of soil on top of seed: within 1/50th of an inch
Average Morning (7-10 am) temperature per week
Average Afternoon (11 am-3 pm) temperature per week
Average Evening (4-8 pm) temperature per week
Average Overnight (9 pm-6am) temperature per week
Amount of water applied per day - in ml
Analysis of water - include all trace minerals
Temperature of water applied
Temperature of soil before and after application of water
Type of lighting used
Initial Lumens of bulb
Distance of light from top of plants (please report in 4 hour increments and measure within a millimeter)
Fertilizer used - include UPC code
Mixture ratio - please use grams of fertilizer per liter of water or ounces per quart

Note: failure to provide the above data will result in your exclusion from our report on the comparison grow.

If you bought the seeds from us and do not win the contest, failure to supply the data will result in you and the next three generations of offspring being banned from ordering from us.

Happy Growing,

Reamers Customer Support

:lol: PMSL......

You just had to have a dig didn't you......

Your don't hold anything against reamers at all.....:P

i fought et waz spelt Reimers....

Great funny there wordwiz, i missed it for a while :) Maybe we SHOULD all order from Reamers and get to tell collectively that they are shite ;)

moyboy said:
:lol: PMSL......

You just had to have a dig didn't you......

Your don't hold anything against reamers at all.....:P

Nope, I don't hold anything against them, just consider them a bunch of idiots who wouldn't know a pepper from a penis. :onfire:

imaguitargod said:
Here's a contest for you. "first to 10,000 posts wins". :hell:

: jogs off to finish line :

Wins what? A five course meal fixed by you?

If so, and your menu sounds good, I may try to compete. :rolleyes:

Mike

Ive been racking my brain today on where im going to grow this thing when it gets cold. Panic set in when i found the cupboard i was going to use full of crap in the gargen shed. And also realised there is no power out there.

Oh bugger! where am i going to grow it.

Then it dawned on me. I have a large chest freezer thats buggered. Its well and truly big enough, it cost me nothing so why not convert it into a grow box. Its insulated ect, and already nice and white inside. Perfect.

Now to work out what lights to use, will plumb in fans and a heater i have with a temperature controler so i can hold it at a nice steady temp. should give me great growing conditions.

will have to look into some good lights!

Ooooooo i can play with a drip watering system and some good nutrients.

I love a project. I just hope my seeds sprout!

cheers

Fire Angel said:
I'm in bitches ..... I have VERY few fatali seeds, so do any of you boys have any advice on germination / seed starting?

Thanks

Yes, In a wet paper towel in a plastic bag next to your heart.

tony05 said:
Ive been racking my brain today on where im going to grow this thing when it gets cold. Panic set in when i found the cupboard i was going to use full of crap in the gargen shed. And also realised there is no power out there.

Oh bugger! where am i going to grow it.

Then it dawned on me. I have a large chest freezer thats buggered. Its well and truly big enough, it cost me nothing so why not convert it into a grow box. Its insulated ect, and already nice and white inside. Perfect.

Now to work out what lights to use, will plumb in fans and a heater i have with a temperature controler so i can hold it at a nice steady temp. should give me great growing conditions.

will have to look into some good lights!

Ooooooo i can play with a drip watering system and some good nutrients.

I love a project. I just hope my seeds sprout!

cheers

Oh bloody hell......Nothing stays friendly between brothers.....This competition.....um I mean comparison;) is going to get ugly...

So....Bring it!!!!!!!

:D

Im mainly going to use this as a 1 plant experiment to get the winter grow box working. I had good results in the fish tank (1/10 the size) with 5 plants. Until i introduced them to the sun. might as well have set fire to them. So that was a leson learnt.

cheers

I've got to prepare my growrage today...cleaning, checking supplies, testing circuits...

this is going to be fun...

Back