• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Silver Surfer's 2010 Grow

man, you are so far ahead of me....I thought I was just a month behind but looking at your haul, it looks like I am 2 months behind...

great season SS

Thanks fellas.

Holy sh*t man! That's a sweet haul! Them corns sure are purdy!! Do they taste any different than regular corn??
All except the dark purple/black corn (Maize Morado) are popcorn and not dry enough for the popper yet. The Maize Morado makes a fine roasting ear and has a sweet corn flavor, although somewhat unique.

Here's some more NFO on Maize Morado:

A rare and ancient Peruvian corn bears deep purple ears with large kernals. It is grown for culinary reasons, but has also recently been studied for its health benefits since it apparently has unusually high levels of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.

The Antioxidant Power of Purple Corn

A drink I plan to try using this corn as one of its ingredients:

PERU'S FAMOUS PURPLE CORN DRINK: This delicious traditional Peruvian drink, Chica Morada, is also a powerhouse of nutrition. It uses morado maize, fruit juices and sweet spices. It is very refreshing! Slice fresh fruit (oranges, strawberries, pineapple) for garnish. Cover dried purple corn with water in a large pot. Add stick cinnamon and whole cloves and bring to boil, reducing heat and covering to simmer 45 minutes or until corn has softened. Strain. You can discard to solids. Dissolve dark brown sugar to taste in the hot liquid. Add fresh lemon juice and orange juice also to taste. Chill thoroughly and serve garnished with sliced fruit.

man, you are so far ahead of me....I thought I was just a month behind but looking at your haul, it looks like I am 2 months behind...

great season SS
Thanks AJ, I'm sure your plants will kick into their traditional pod producing high gear soon enough. :)

It's fixin' to get hot here in a few days. Starting this Thursday and for several days thereafter the temps will bump 100F. I expect the flowers left will probably start falling like rain then and put a damper on my chile pickin's at some point. I'll just have to wait and see.

The twin jalapeno looks really cool, it would be cool to breed a trait like double pods in to a plant. Don't know if it's possible but a cool idea for sure. Make some poppers with all those nice penos and other stuffing peppers. Pretty harvests. :cheers:

Thanks for the suggestion Cappy. :)

Filling: Sausage (kicked up a notch with Naga powder), onion, garlic, cream cheese, Pepper Jack and Extra Sharp Cheddar.

These are so tasty, even raw they are good.
tasty.gif

Poppers1.jpg

Same recipe. but topped with bread crumbs.
Poppers2.jpg

Dang that looks delicious SS! Killing me...ur just killing me ;)I'm very happy that you're having such a great grow season. Keep up the pics as we all enjoy them to be sure ;)

Thanks guys. Yeah, those poppers are good eats.
tasty.gif

Today's harvest with some that have been processed from earlier pickin's this season.
Harvest7-24-10.jpg

Enough penos for another small batch of poppers. Those things are addicting.
Pods7-24-10.jpg

A few more little Manzanos this round.
Pods2_7-24-10.jpg

Just saw your poppers from the other day and have to say they look tasty, I got the wife hooked on red 'penos popper this year. All your harvests look great SS. :D

damn that is some seriously amazing stuff. Love those poppers and man you've got tonnes of great stuff happening! Very impressive!

Awesome harvest SS, Thats alot of peppers and its early yet! Those White Bullets look so cool.Your gonna need that Jack when you eat some of those heaters. :)
Kevin

Back