• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Silver Surfer's 2010 Grow

holy crap silver surfer! i had no idea you did it up that big! your peppers were awsome. i can vouche for that. i don't think i could keep that many varieties straight!

Nice again ss, that trunk is massssssive. Prime for BONSAIIIIIII!!!!!!! Didnt know you were getting so cool already, then I looked at the weather outlook and late next week we should be dipping into the high 40's, damn.

Great pics SS your plants look heavy loaded with so many pods and love that shot of the Brain Strain, cool looking pods but... :hot: . Didn't know you drink beer thought it was just Tennessee whiskey for you. :cheers:

holy crap silver surfer! i had no idea you did it up that big! your peppers were awsome. i can vouche for that. i don't think i could keep that many varieties straight!
Thanks Ed. All planted varieties didn't produce due to some irrigation mistakes, but it's nice to be able to recognize new pods on sight.

Nice again ss, that trunk is massssssive. Prime for BONSAIIIIIII!!!!!!! Didnt know you were getting so cool already, then I looked at the weather outlook and late next week we should be dipping into the high 40's, damn.
I can't wait for the cool weather to arrive. I'm tired of eyes stinging from sweat.

Great pics SS your plants look heavy loaded with so many pods and love that shot of the Brain Strain, cool looking pods but... :hot: . Didn't know you drink beer thought it was just Tennessee whiskey for you. :cheers:
Thanks Cappy, yeah, I drink lots of beer. Way too much I'm afraid. Problems arise when I drink both the same day. :lol:

Wow that dorset setem is huge! What are you going to name the Douglah/Scorpion cross?
The Dorsets have turned into quite a bush, about a 6' span, much wider than tall (about 4'). (Thanks for the seed Josh)

No name yet, I need to grow it out a few times to see if the seed will grow true. The cross parents is just a guess; got the seeds from PRF (thanks Cappy) and it may also be a Douglah x Brain Strain cross. All I know for sure is it's wicked hot. :hell:

It's nice to have to wait on it to warm up a bit and pick in the sun for a change.

BUT..........

What's faster than a hornworm, more powerful than a possum and.......
DeerTracks1.jpg

able to leap tall fences in a single bound?
DeerTracks.jpg

This is what happens when I neglect to apply my repellent formula.
My plants get thoroughly raped.
Rape1.jpg

Rape2.jpg

Rape3.jpg

Rape4.jpg

Ouch, that's some damage. Still looks like you've got plenty of pods. The Jalapenos continue to look fantastic. Do you prefer Jal M or Mucho Nacho?

The M's never did much, too far uphill on the soaker hose drip line, so only one plant has produced well and all the pods in this harvest came from the only Mucho Nacho to survive and at the end of the line. I'll have to try the M's again next year to make a good comparison, but I certainly can't fault the Mucho Nacho and will definitely plant several next season (luv them poppers).

Sorry about the damage but huntin season ain't far off. :lol: Still, nice little haul you got there SS. Did you grow any Biker Billy this year? I know a lot of folks here like 'em and I've got some growing, but haven't pick any yet. Just curious if you've tried them as a popper yet, with that new tray and all. :lol:

Good to know, Thanks. I grew Mucho Nacho last year, very nice. This year I grew Biker Billy, and was a little disappointed. I abused them as seedlings though. Maybe 1/2 MN 1/2 BB next year. Nothing like a perfect popper.

Sorry about the damage but huntin season ain't far off. :lol: Still, nice little haul you got there SS. Did you grow any Biker Billy this year? I know a lot of folks here like 'em and I've got some growing, but haven't pick any yet. Just curious if you've tried them as a popper yet, with that new tray and all. :lol:
Nope, no BB's, only the one Mucho this season that has given me any pods to speak of. I'm planning on trying the Biker's next season though. I did give the new rack a trial run today, but didn't have enough large peno's to fill it (some fell through), so finished filling it up with some other hotter varieties.

Cooked.jpg

Don't you wish they would try one bite of an actual pepper? Wouldn't see them in your garden ever again. Look at them as summer sausage on the hoof.

Don't you wish they would try one bite of an actual pepper? Wouldn't see them in your garden ever again. Look at them as summer sausage on the hoof.
Yeah, it would make for some funny pics if they would just take a little nibble. :)
Summer sausage, jerky, tenderloin steaks, rump roast, ground super lean meat......
tasty.gif

Today's harvest. The lows have been dropping into the mid forties these past few nights, but
it is supposed to jump back up into the fifties for the lows in a few days. Low temps have
caused pods to start ripening at a smaller size.
Harvest10-05-10.jpg

Above left
PodsL-10-05-10.jpg

Above right
PodsR-10-05-10.jpg

w00t!!! Still going strong SS. Awesome.

We are supposed to have a frost tonight so we will see tomorrow how my plants have fared. The big pineapple is in the garage keeping warm, just hope the avocado stays live.

I just went through this thread :mouthonfire:

I have just germinated my first ever Chilli looking Capsicum, (not even hot) and I'm waiting for the hot seeds in the mail. I might grow maybe ten plants if I can. But YOU have gone hard core, I'm impressed !!
I'm in a really hot climate and its spring so I think I will get some good results. Maybe in a few seasons I might have half the plants you've done.

:dance:

w00t!!! Still going strong SS. Awesome.

We are supposed to have a frost tonight so we will see tomorrow how my plants have fared. The big pineapple is in the garage keeping warm, just hope the avocado stays live.
Wow! Pineapple? I never considered trying to grow those here and will be looking forward to seeing your results.

I just went through this thread :mouthonfire:

I have just germinated my first ever Chilli looking Capsicum, (not even hot) and I'm waiting for the hot seeds in the mail. I might grow maybe ten plants if I can. But YOU have gone hard core, I'm impressed !!
I'm in a really hot climate and its spring so I think I will get some good results. Maybe in a few seasons I might have half the plants you've done.

:dance:
Welcome megamoo, you have quite a few fellow countrymen aboard this forum that have outstanding grows; good luck with yours.

Only about half of what I planted this year made it to production, so I consider this season only 50% successful with a LOT of room for improvement. Look around the forum, there are several growers here that make me look small time.

Back