• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Testifying to the 7 Pot

I contacted Sheldon looking for a few seeds from his 7 pot and the great guy that he is sent me some. He played a trick on me though. In order to get them I had to fish them out of some 7 pot powder he had shipped them in. Great packing idea by the way.

Once I regained consciousness and recovered from the aroma wafting it's way out of the now open baggie I grabbed a toothpick to rescue the seeds. I managed to stay in an upright position and finish the job. Problem though; what to do with the now smoking toothpick.

I was on the last couple of bites of a hamburger/rice dish and seeing the spoon already loaded with a sizable bite I decided to wipe the toothpick on it. I gave it a short second thought, how much powder can stick to the tip of a toothpick, and popped it into my mouth.

Few chews and I could just get the hint of heat. Not much chance of flavor with the amount of food on the spoon. Hey, I'm a big guy. :lol:

It started with a little tingle on a small section of my lips. Nice. I thought I played it safe with the tiny amount. Then a couple spots on the inside of my mouth and tongue started to feel the burn. I kept chewing, spreading that bite around my entire mouth. In for a penny in for a pound right?

It never got unbearable but for a solid five minutes I was very aware that I had put something hot in my mouth. Unbelievable that the powder stuck to the tip of a toothpick could bring on that amount of heat for that long of time. This stuff should be regulated like a dangerous chemical. Next time I'm going to try tilting the toothpick just a little, see if I can get some on the side of it too.

Thanks again Sheldon, I owe you one.:)

He sent you powder with the seeds? bastard! how dare he!?

lol, seems like an extremely nice person. :) :lol:

So I'm not the only one he did this to? No, seriously, Sheldon is a great guy and that powder IS some potent stuff. I ate some on a slice of pizza. Whew! Yep, it is hot!

Thanks Guys. You are all too kind. I'm just doing the same thing any one of you would do (and have done many times, I'm sure.) What's the fun of having a SuperHot plant/pepper/seed/powder if you aren't going to share it around?

He sent me some to!

After just handling the envelope to inspect what was in it, without touching pod or seeds, i somehow must have gotten some 7-pot from the envelope that came from sheldons fingers. I sat by the computer, bit a nail or something and then a sudden pain hit my lip! Ouch! 7-pot is hot out of the scale! :D

Thanks again Sheldon!

PrairieChilihead said:
Thanks Guys. You are all too kind. I'm just doing the same thing any one of you would do (and have done many times, I'm sure.) What's the fun of having a SuperHot plant/pepper/seed/powder if you aren't going to share it around?

Your a Heat Terrorist Spreading it around to the innocent Chiliheads of the world,Good on ya m8 :)

Patrick,
I got the same package....I would stick my finger in there and try just a few fine flakes just to feel "alive"....

I put about a pinch of the 7 pot powder flakes in a 5 gallon pot of Turkey soup and it was absolutely perfect! Just a bit of building heat in each bite! It was a great batch of soup!

I would dip the tip of a dry finger and get just a small amount and touch it to my tongue...it is hot! the 7 is no joke and I want to thank Sheldon again for hooking all of us up!
You are the man!

Dont but on Contact Lens with that Finger...! hhaha
I tossed away lots of lenses because the heat was still on may hands after many washing...

yes a problem my cousin had some years ago when contacts cost a fortune and he still does it now occasionally:)

Capsaisin in the eye is horrible. My wife was loading the dishwasher and touched the bowl I had 7 Pod seeds in then rubbed her eyes not knowing at all. I felt so bad having to talk her through it telling her she won't go blind and everything is going to be ok and all. She recovered and gave me a speech about being more careful with my peppers. I thought the whole thing was pretty funny.:)

Yep, it hurts terribly, it's semi bearable when you close the eye(s), but as soon as you open it it stings like hell and tears start to run like a waterfall. I am always hoping the tears will flush it out and maybe they do, but it takes time... I'd rather touch my dick than rub my eyes with capsaicin on my hands (if I had the choice), the eyes are worst imo.

I've had it in the eyes, you know when you can't open them for half an hour, I looked like I'd done five rounds with a boxer when I could open them. It was on par with the time I had burning hands and couldn't pick things up or touch items.

Even after washing my hands thoroughly I always seem to have cap on my hands which ends up in my eyes. I don't touch the peppers so I assume it is from juices misting on my hands while I cut them.

Omri,
I know...I made some Devil's Tongue Steak Rub and somehow I touched the top of nose well after and it burned and itched for about 20 minutes....

Capscaisin ain't no joke hoss!

You can quote that at will, but its the truth!

Back