food The Drunken Chef

nah its just st clair bakery...

lol.. i've got the funniest story to tell but cant tell it.. i'll be banned!! lets just say it involved the repercussions of my trying out the SB... I'm in big trouble with Mr Mel!! hheeeee.. i''m going to be laughing all week!

What a wonderful cloudy morning it is here in the notsodryditch here in Las Vegas ya'll! My kung fu was very strong as the mojo flowed in The Blues Kitchen last eve. I started out by going to the local hippy joint and picked up some free range organic wings.I took those and coated them liberally with AJ's Bhut Jolokia Puree. 'Lawd have mercy I was just a wee bit skeered! I then dredged the wings in flour and Lawry's seasoned salt and then into the hot oil of the fryer.

Lemme' 'splain ya'll Lucy....these were fantastic! But don't kid yourself, these babies were hot. hot. HOT! I was loving these looong time. This was truly sex on a plate ya'll. Guys, eat a few of these and you will become harder than pennitentary steel!
Gals, you will become wetter than a shampooed water buffalo!!

The chaos...

IMG_2039.jpg

A couple of these is just about my limit...

IMG_2040.jpg

Hotness perfected!

IMG_2041.jpg

A little blue cheese dressing does a body good too!

IMG_2042.jpg

Got my mojo workin'!!

That's what I'm talkin' bout right there! Awesome TB. You should make wings more often. I was waiting to see these. I am still deciding on what all will be going on in the JayT kitchen today. It's already been busy in preparation for the throwdown, but there are some other tricks up my sleeve. They will be posted here.

Much obliged my brotha'. I know what I'm fixin' to do for the throwdown but if I post even so much as a teaser, all would be given away. The entry is just too simple, but therein lies it's awesome POWAH!! I have to keep the shock and awe factor goin' on to have a chance. AJ's got something that I am sure is gonna' rock. Oddly... no SoFloPosse around yet....

Strangely I feel that AJ and I are making very similar dishes... Yeah SoFlo has been very quiet lately. Save a little of AJ's purees so I can try them when I come to tehbigdryditch in May. Rock on today TB.

SHIT!! Somehow I got some puree on me. Maybe on the kitchen counter and got on my hands unknowingly. My face is on fire in patches here and there and a couple spots on my left hand. Soap and water doesn't help and I'll be damned if I'm gonna' go Freddy Mercury and put a yogurt mudpack on my face....I'll stick with the burning....

I told you!!!!!!

and JayT...if we are making similar dishes...you must be a genius

Round one. Cajun wraps. That's shrimp etoufee with cheddar-jack cheese wrapped up in a tortilla and baked.

100_0156.jpg

100_0157.jpg

And some little bbq smokies.

100_0147.jpg

the wings look devine and the cajun wraps look to die for...

gimme....please...

WOW.....what a night!!!

So much going on....so little time. I spent the entire Superbowl and pre-game/post-game COOKING. I have a giant TV and surround-sound, so I didn't mind much. PLUS, the Saints won! :woohoo: (I can't seem to remember who it was....but someone made the comment about a week ago to me that the Saints didn't deserve to be in the Superbowl and that the Colts were going to kill them.) But I digress...

I thought you all might get a "kick" out of seeing all the stuff I prepared.

100_1244.jpg

Some spread, eh???

Here's a closeup of everything:

100_1245.jpg

Clockwise from the bottom:

- Miniature pepperoni and sausage pizza calzones
- Shrimp, bacon, cabbage, 7-pod powder, pepper-rolls (my throwdown entry!)
- Orange habanero, trinadad scorpion sausage balls. (these were HOTTTTTTT!!! :hell: )
- Miniature Nathans hot dogs....deep-fried with a Guinness beer-batter. WOOP WOOP!!
- Miniature Philly cheesesteaks with REAL (LOL) Cheez Whiz.
- Buffalo chicken and habanero skewers. (ALSO a 10+ on the heat scale!!)

Oh man....we drank and ate SOOO much....I won't have to step back into the kitchen for a week!

Oh wait.....that's where the beer is.

Belay my last.

man...I am ready to dive in right now...

and by the way, if you was thinkin' it was me that said the saints never deserved to be there....hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........sure don't remember it...

AlabamaJack said:
man...I am ready to dive in right now...

and by the way, if you was thinkin' it was me that said the saints never deserved to be there....hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........sure don't remember it...

Nope....it for sure wasn't you. May not have even been on THP...

Man ALL that stuff looks great. Glad I didn't have to compete with a whole platter like that. I think I would have went with a different entry for the throwdown since PF beat you to the punch on the rollups. Those skewers look awesome, I would've went with them.

Back