food The Drunken Chef

Hey

Doing this tonight. How long and what deg in C did you bake the stuffed chicken in?

Cheers

Novacastrian said:
This was a fantastic meal and very simple.
Photo091.jpg

I didn't end up using the asparagus, my old man showed up and well, he likes it too.

Use about this much for the stuffing. Fetta cheese, basil, garlic, fatalii and scorpion with some deseeded roma tomato.
Photo096-1.jpg

Slice the breast on an angle to form a flap and stuff the goodness in there.
Photo097-1.jpg

Roll up in aluminium foil and bake gently.
Photo098-1.jpg

I baked that at around 150 C. It would have been in there a good 45 minutes.

I really think that you will enjoy it mate :D

Novacastrian said:
I baked that at around 150 C. It would have been in there a good 45 minutes.

I really think that you will enjoy it mate :D

Thanks mate was very nice. I added a few more herbs from the garden just because they were there....

Lemon thyme. Can't beat it. Added that lemon aroma and thyme taste.
A small tip of rosemary and I mean small. Steaming in there was nice.
Some spring onion because that is in everything I do :)

I'd post pics but will not because it's been done, and very well before me!! Next time however I am going to pan sear the chicken before the foil wrapping and baking and try that. I love crispy pan seared breast and to so so tender on the inside which your 45 mins at 150 deg C gave tonight.....

DROOL.

Glad that it worked out for you gringo! I will take your suggestion with the searing next time too, cheers!

I'd bake it a bit higher.. but next time you wrap it in foil, wrap it up like a bon-bon and twist off the ends and you'll have a tasty roll with all the cheesy goodness inside.. it'll come out sweet! *and cheesey :P you may need to bash the chicken out a bit first.. i do chicken and rabbit in a similar way :P

In light of my inevitable annihilation in the current throwdown (I'll have a stronger showing next month!), I thought I might show another recipe I concidered that hit the cutting-room floor:

NACHO-DIP

Here are the general ingredients. Refried beans, leftover homemade chili, onion, salsa, bacon!, shredded cheese, orange hab....roasted jalapeno....canned chipotle.....XXX powder, and a bit of my homemade ranch.

100_1280.jpg

First, the beans on the stovetop with the salsa and diced onion then place in pre-heated bowl:

100_1223.jpg

100_1283.jpg

Chop the bacon and fry....reserve the chopped hab and jalapeno for topping!

100_1281.jpg

to be continued....after I have another beer...

Place bean mixture in a pre-heated bowl:

100_1286.jpg

Evenly spread the chipotle over the beans:

100_1287.jpg

Top that with the heated chili...

100_1288.jpg

Sprinkle with a light topping of......I mean....a liberal covering......AW, the hell with it....dump the entire bag of cheese on there!!

100_1289.jpg

TBC........more beer.....

Add your roasted jalapenos and two minced habaneros:

100_1290.jpg

BACON TIME!!!!! :woohoo:

100_1291.jpg

Toss the damn thing under the broiler for 3 minutes...and serve with chips and ranch!

100_1293.jpg

dot dot dot

It's a Mexican Shepherd's Pie! LOL Nice.....

Back