food The Drunken Chef

thehotpepper.com said:
Cool, for experimenting. I would have used coconut milk, not cream, but that's me.

Uhm...never thought of that, might give it a try next time. I'm always up for trying new things.

SeeYouJimmy said:
That looks quite nice PF.

Thanks, it turned out real good.

mel said:
looks tasty PF!! can i have some?? :D

Mel, I would ship ya some, but I'm sure it would be real nasty by the time it reached ya. :lol: So, I ate your bowlful for you, I shouldn't have but did. :D

Venison? Oh my. Didn't see that. Was thinking beef, and a jerk curry flavor. Oh well.

That is why I used a cream sauce. It was perfect! Oh and the Jerk Seasoning I got didn't have much of a curry flavor. It was more nutmeg allspice type flavor along with a sweet sugary taste. All I know is it went really well together.

Cool. No idea of what goes with venison, glad it was good.

texas blues said:
hmmmph...cream sauce + jerk seasoning = ??

Don't knock it till you try it.....I've road-tested that combo more times than I can count. It's damn near perfect with any meat.....makes a great dipping sauce for shrimp too!

Pepperfreak said:
OMG!!! Guys and Gals, you've gotta try this! It is fantastic!!! :onfire: It has the perfect balance of Jerk flavor with the heat from the 7 Pod powder mixed in with the creaminess from the cream. OMG I'm in love!

Hope y'all enjoy ;)
DSCF3903.jpg

DSCF3904.jpg

Looks outstanding, PF!!

WINNERIFFIC!!!

paul - the leftover dish looks tasty, not a fan of mushrooms but will still eat them, but those were some big chunks!
JT - tasty looking wings but sounds too hot for me, great wings.
PF - venison meal, always a win IMO! tasty looking strog except for the shrooms but thats just me...though I'd still eat it.
fresh rosemary is very tasty & the smell is incredible! (next to fresh basil for smell) are you growing rosemary ?

Okay Pepperfreak, I think I'm gonna have to learn how to hunt. All the venison dishes ya'll are puttin up, and I'd rather have venison than any other meat any day.

Either that or I have to post a classified. "Liberal-minded treehugger seeks conservative blue collar for the mutual enjoyment of camping and hunting."

Yep, that aint gonna happen! :rofl:

Celeste said:
Okay Pepperfreak, I think I'm gonna have to learn how to hunt. All the venison dishes ya'll are puttin up, and I'd rather have venison than any other meat any day.

Either that or I have to post a classified. "Liberal-minded treehugger seeks conservative blue collar for the mutual enjoyment of camping and hunting."

I really love venison since it is all natural, but I also like beef, pork, rabbit, squirrel, pheasant, quail, dove, elk, bear, boar and wild turkey. :lol:

Seriously though, you might be able to find some venison in some local butcher shops around deer season and some specialty stores will sell it too. Since it is really lean, it takes a bit to get use to cooking it. Cause it's not real good when over cooked.

Pepperfreak said:
Yep, I've got some Rosemary and basil going, 2 of my favs. Glad you liked the dish, the fact you'd eat it with mushrooms speaks volumes.

everytime I grew rosemary or basil, when I went to check on the plants I couldnt stop myself from running my hands through the plant & smell them. call me strange but they smelt soooo good! & fresh is great for dishes.
are you lucky enough to be able to leave them in the ground over winter or do they still die off if left outside ?

Celeste said:

:lol: that'd be a funny personal ad!
if you were ever in my area I'd bring you hunting, its always good to get women into hunting.
I think I've said this before. wild game like venison,elk,wild turkey,etc... are better for you than your store bought livestock meat.
its just that you personally have to step up to the plate & do the deed vs paying someone else to do the dirty work.

So true CH...so true on both statements.

I haven't tried keeping either in the ground, as most say it will die off, but some say it won't. This year though, I'm thinking of trying to over winter it inside and yes, the are both my favorite smelling spice.

Pepperfreak said:
I haven't tried keeping either in the ground, as most say it will die off, but some say it won't. This year though, I'm thinking of trying to over winter it inside and yes, the are both my favorite smelling spice.

I've kept rosemary over the winter inside (container) I was just curious if you're location was forgiven for leaving those plants outside over winter. I sure wished they were like chives (very hardy for freezing)

Fresh Rosemary and Basil are WONDERFUL!

If I travel down into deer-hunting country I might get venison at a local shop. I think the State conservation society has hunting lessons for women and kids, so I am seriously considering this as a way to : bond with my boys; learn a skill for survival; get me good meat for the future. City kids though they are, they are not opposed to the idea. (Boys tend to like weapons, anyway, and I thought they should learn what a real one works like- not just the virtual kind).

Back