food The Drunken Chef

This thread has gotten slower than death....reckon I better bring some chaos and mayhem to it before life support is required. 3 hours to go before mayhem.

yeah TB??!! show us ya pics!!! :D

I got my drink on and will be cooking curry extravaganzas tonight... a mild chicken curry and a superhot lamb curry!! mmm... yuummmmmmmm :)

here ya go TB... some action to spice up the thread...

here's a prep pic of the mild chicken curry (only two thai chillis in it but still too fckn hot for mrmel... fck.. )

IMG_2428.jpg

and here's the chicken served

IMG_2430.jpg

and here is the lamb... one scorp and one hab (plus dried chilli powder..)... it all came out good... looks like i'll be eating curry all week by my lonesome though :P

IMG_2434.jpg

its got taters in in.. but in the pic they kinda look like carrots!!

I can't wait all day for TB to show up so I am cookin! BTW, curries look good Mel. I'll take the hot one please.

First off, a coctail. Don't have a name for it, but it has some good Puerto Rican spiced rum, blood orange juice, lime juice, pineapple juice, and a splash of lemon lime soda.

100_0274-1.jpg

100_0275-1.jpg

I am making several things today, or at least preparing them. I am in the process of making that PA Dutch Chicken Pot Pie (it really isn't a pie at all, and I have no idea why they call it one), a HUGE porterhouse marinating with a bottle of Fire in the Hole sauce, and I will be cutting up a chicken for a two day bath in seasoned buttermilk that will later become fried chicken. I'll try to post some pics of all of it. For now, here's the first bird ready for the oven. It is stuffed with celery, onion, carrot, cilantro, basil, and lemon slices. It is seasoned with Lawry's All purpose roasting mix.

100_0276.jpg

I got a helluva good deal on the birds. .59lb and this one that is in the roaster is 7lbs! Total cost for the two chickens was around $7.50US

After looking at all the food I had, I decided to wait on the oysters and go with just the trout. I got some steelhead at the local joint, along with some puff pastry dough, button shrooms, onion, cream, chives and garlic. I sauteed with butter, the shrooms, onion, fresno chiles, and pequins. Then I added cream and sweet thai chile sauce and reduced it down. I let it cool for a bit and then spread it on the puff pastry, added the steely, folded it up and then into the cast iron and a 400f oven. While that was goin' on I got another pan hot with more cream and sweet thai chile sauce, reduced that down and added chives. Here's the destruction ya'll.

IMG_2131.jpg

IMG_2132.jpg

IMG_2134.jpg

I'll simply say that this sauce rocks!!! It's perfect with the fish but also fantastic with lamb and any other 'thang you want to use it on. Even mrs. blues likes to eat it by mopping it up with french bread!

IMG_2137.jpg

Oysters tonight....

Oh yeah! Looking great TB! I'd like to swim in that sauce. Things are out of control here. Just decided I needed a stomboli for lunch while I wait for my chicken to roast.

Mucho obliged Jay. That sauce is just that good....and you should know! mrs. blues says she could bathe in it. Looking forward to the pie and strombolio pics.

Ok here's the boli. It has Pit Ham, Spicy Ham, Mozzarella, a habanero, some basil leaves, pepperoni, and a hot sauce named Double Bastard by Stone Brewing Co.

100_0277.jpg

100_0278.jpg

Here's the Pennsylvania Dutch Chicken Pot Pie (It is not a pie, and I have no idea why it is called one).
This is pretty much a chicken noodle soup but instead of noodles, it is made with pastry squares. The ingredients include onion, celery, carrot, jalapeno, mushrooms, bay leaf, salt, pepper, cayenne, thyme, saffron threads, a cup of milk, a quart of chicken stock, olive oil, flour, and two roasted chicken breasts.

100_0281.jpg

100_0282.jpg

100_0284.jpg

Back