food The Drunken Chef

i have some chicken drumsticks marinating in butter milk (and bits)... waiting to be fried up tomorrow night for some fried chicken goodness!! hope it turns out half as well as yours looks JT!!! I'm sposed to stay off the fried stuff... but antibiotics course finishes tomorrow and so do my restrictions! yeeehaa!

Jay what kinda fryer is that ? Mine crapped out and I have been frying in a electric skillet until I can get a a decent fryer.

Believe it or not it is Emeril's by T-Fal. I love it because it is stainless and cleans up easy. It has a filtration system that lets me drain the oil into a bin inside it and take out everything else to clean. Then you just pour the oil back in and you are ready to go. I give it a work out. I think it was about $140 and well worth it.

JT.. i showed mrmel a pic of your chicken and said thats what i'm cookin tomorrow night... when he realised there was only 1kg of drumsticks marinading i've been instructed to do more.. you reckon if i get some wings in the morning and marinate them for the day they'll be ok?

Nervous? As long as it's good and fresh, I wouldn't trip on cutting one up and marinating it for a day or two. I've used milk w/ various seafoods a lot and am gonna give this a shot for sure. Thanks for the link and info JayT. Gotta go find a good deal on some peanut oil somewhere, and I'm gonna do some up.

Right on PIO, Holeguy made me lol. Thanks for the recommendations. Gonna check it out at this restaurant supply joint or this massive Asian grocery store down the way.

boutros said:
Nervous? As long as it's good and fresh, I wouldn't trip on cutting one up and marinating it for a day or two. I've used milk w/ various seafoods a lot and am gonna give this a shot for sure. Thanks for the link and info JayT. Gotta go find a good deal on some peanut oil somewhere, and I'm gonna do some up.

That's what I was saying.....48 hours would be the maximium, though.....especially in buttermilk.

Perhaps I'm just a bit wiggy....;)

I will try to borrow the camera phone to take a pic. I'm definately drunk. A whole bottle of Pinot Noir in ten minutes. I made jalapeno, cumin, parsley, garlic chicken.

pileiton said:
I will try to borrow the camera phone to take a pic. I'm definately drunk. A whole bottle of Pinot Noir in ten minutes. I made jalapeno, cumin, parsley, garlic chicken.

Should have thrown some of the wine in on top! :woohoo:

Sounds yummy!

Here's my contribution for the night.....

I had no idea what to cook....so I gathered all the fresh ingredients I had plus some other stuff.....and this is what I'm making:

Most of the ingredients;

100_0877.jpg

Diced and PF's T-scorp powder/Crushed Red Pepper seasoned cube steak;

100_0878.jpg

Browned in bacon fat;

100_0879.jpg

Garlic....and sliced onion;

100_0880.jpg

to be continued...

Happy-happy!!

100_0881.jpg

Onions and garlic (forgot the peppers.....DRANKIN'!!...they went in later...)

100_0883.jpg

De-glaze the pot with the wine....add the onion soup and the beer.....throw in some mushrooms:

100_0884.jpg

Looks like this (so far!)

100_0885.jpg

TBC....

paulky_2000 said:
Should have thrown some of the wine in on top! :woohoo:

Sounds yummy!

Once I find where they put the corkscrew I am drinking more. The last time I remember drinking was Dec. 2008. I am not wasting it on the food.

In go the noodles...

100_0886.jpg

8 minutes later, it looks like this:

100_0887.jpg

The shrimp just jumped in there...I SWEAR!

100_0890.jpg

Take off the heat....let the shrimp heat through....and......here's what it looks like!

100_0891.jpg

more to follow....

Back