food The Drunken Chef

Ok here's a final shot of the Chicken Pot Pie

100_0287.jpg

And now the steak. This is an inch and a half thick porterhouse that I marinated in a hot sauce called Fire in the Hole. I then gave it a rub with my favorite steak rub and some McCormick Applewood Bbq rub.

100_0285.jpg

100_0286.jpg

mel said:
mild chicken curry (only two thai chillis in it but still too fckn hot for mrmel... fck.. )
IMG_2428.jpg
Compromising is hard Mel. I gave up, so my wife and I usually eat seperate meals for dinner. Curry looks real good.

TB, tasty lookin fish plate. Fine dine! And great back to backs JayT. Nice way to spendyour Sunday.

Buncha beers down today, made some food tonight, and thought I'd horsepile it on a plate quick and take a quik pic. Got to give posting somethin' a shot, considering the only thing I have so far is a bagel w/ some fish and stuff on it. Got a T-bone buried in there. And some skins w/ some Caribbean Reds. I'm girthed out for the night.
IMG_5127.jpg

JT, TB and Boutros everything looks awesome!! yummmm... i'm cooking up some jambalaya now.. no prawns though.. chicken instead but it should be good.. :D

sorry guys, battery went dead and i only got one pic.. you can kinda see the beer cooler... here is my first attempt at jambalaya.. no prawns, but chicken and chorizo.. coupla jalepenos to keep it mild for mrmel.. i added some dried chilli for my dish but unfortunately no pics of the serving..

fried up the chorizo and then the chicken (marinated in garlic, lemon and thyme)... took them out of the pan and then fried up garlic, onion, red and green capsicum, jalepenos.. added tomato, paprika, bay leaves and chicken stock... cup of rice and the meats back in ... let it cook for half an hour or so till the rice was cooked.. added chopped flat parsley at the end :D

IMG_2437.jpg

thanks guys :D it tasted good.. next time i'll try it with prawns.. i just couldnt be bothered peeling and deveining prawns tonight after work.. its a really easy dish to whack together!

Thanks Pi. This is my usual seasoned buttermilk marinated seasoned flour dredged fried chicken. I have made it and posted it before, but it is always fantastic!

Yay the veggie tacos are now behind you TB!

I'll change my sig.

boutros said:
Looks like it is! Buttermilk marinated, huh? How long you generally marinate it for?

Usually two days. This time was three. Anywhere from 24-48 hours is ideal. I add salt, sugar, garlic, pepper powder and paprika to the buttermilk for the marinade. Same for the flour that I dredge it in before frying.

Back