food The Drunken Chef

YUMMY!!

100_0892.jpg

100_0893.jpg

This was wonderful!! PF's T-Scorp powder came through once again...and the flavor was out of sight!!

:woohoo:

yeeeehaaaa!! many thanks to JT and TB for their cooking expertise... here's my first fried chicken.. still have six drumsticks to go and a heap of wings.. but look at this!! YEEEHAAA!!

prep pics... drumsticks marinated in buttermilk and herbs and spices and of course chilli :) wings were done with the same but more chilli and some chilli factory sauce.. each of them rested for half hour or so before stuck in the pot
IMG_2439.jpg

IMG_2440.jpg

cooked in peanut oil..
IMG_2443.jpg

man... it smells so good... i dont have the best pot for cooking it so its taking some time.... final pics to be posted later

here 'tis... way more chicken than we could possibly eat.. but leftovers will do us good tomorrow :)

IMG_2446.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

it was tasty!

I was going to say that it looks like KFC but that would be an insult. If that chook knew it's fate it would have been happy!

lol @ JT :) thanks matey.. it came out quite good.. but i definitely cooked way more than i needed to ... i just finished off two wings and now mrmel is onto his fourth wing with another wing and two drumsticks on his plate! at least it came out a success! next time, more chilli powder thoough!

JayT said:
They look perfect Mel! Good job.

And Nova thanks for sharing the steak you poofer.

I blame Australia post. Last time i was at hippies i left my phone/usb cable there and asked him to send it to me via post to avoid two hours driving to retrieve it. It was sent and the bloody assholes have lost it on me, i has to fork out for a new one and i am still processing the loss. bastages...

Were you going to send me the steak via USB cable?

Oh and Mel, since I posted that recipe, I have decided that you are better served to sprinkle powder on as soon as it comes out of the fryer than to use it in the marinade or flour. It takes SO much to have the effect in the flour that it's hardly worth using. That being said I put some in both the mariade and flour, but added more on top when I was eating it.

JayT said:
Were you going to send me the steak via USB cable? Oh and Mel, since I posted that recipe, I have decided that you are better served to sprinkle powder on as soon as it comes out of the fryer than to use it in the marinade or flour. It takes SO much to have the effect in the flour that it's hardly worth using. That being said I put some in both the mariade and flour, but added more on top when I was eating it.

No but at least you would have seen it"s awesomeness!!

I do LOVE a good steak. May have to break out the twin of the awesome porterhouse I made last weekend. They were so big that they threw off the alignment of my tires on the trip home from the grocery store.

JayT said:
Were you going to send me the steak via USB cable?

Oh and Mel, since I posted that recipe, I have decided that you are better served to sprinkle powder on as soon as it comes out of the fryer than to use it in the marinade or flour. It takes SO much to have the effect in the flour that it's hardly worth using. That being said I put some in both the mariade and flour, but added more on top when I was eating it.

funny you said that.. i added extra spice at the end.. although marinating the wings in the chillifactory sauce was definitely a win!! although now i've got no more sauce :( i'm not 100% sure about the buttermilk taste in it though... maybe next time i'll skip that bit and see what happens.. next time though, i'll cook way less chicken! i was cooking for two hours! (2kg's of chicken all up!)

If he really wanted to insult you he'd say that it looks like shake and bake, not KFC!
Drunsticks are my favorite.
I find it funny that with the chicken you drink WILD TURKEY!
HUNGRY.

I'll try to post a pic, I'll be making more sandwiches. Today it is bacon and muenster with hot and spicy mustard on pumpernickel. With whatever white wine we have.

Instead I had more wine and sauteed yellow bell pepper, yellow onion and jalepeno. Scrambled eggs and topped with salt, pepper and chili sauce.

Back