food The Drunken Chef

W T F???!!! I have been gone for a day and I come back and NO ONE has posted ANYTHING??? Good God what has become of this thread? I have an announcement to make, I am making PF Style Oven Ribs. I have two racks of ribs that I was going to smoke and grill today, but something came up and now it is dark and raining so they are going in the OVEN! I am fully aware of the consequences of my actions and I am prepared to feel the wrath. I will also show you that you can make some damn good ribs in the oven as PF already knows. You just have to know how to use your oven like a grill. They have been rubbed and placed in a 250F oven for the past two hours now. I'll go take a picture.

Edit: Here.

100_0304.jpg

More to come.

And while I am at it, here are the wings I made the other night ala TB. I marinated them in a combo of Texas Pete wing sauce, 357 Wing sauce, and two tablespoons of AJ's Scorpion puree. After about 8 hours, I dredged them in seasoned (seasoning salt, Ancho, Naga, and Kung Pow powders) flour and fried them. Believe it or not, I was disappointed in the heat. They tasted great, but would have been better with the sauce on the outside. Hey, I tried it.

100_0302.jpg

100_0303.jpg

And before anyone says it, I have been drinking already and forgot to get the booze in the shot, but I will with the rest of the pics of the ribs.

Hey, I made an effort but butthead here wouldn't lend me the camera phone.
And had the nerve to tell me they won't buy beer for me. AZZES!!

You just filled us with false hope and promises... :lol: TB... PF... PaulK... Mel... Nova... the rest of yaz.... You are on notice!

JayT said:
You just filled us with false hope and promises... :lol: TB... PF... PaulK... Mel... Nova... the rest of yaz.... You are on notice!

chicken looks great JT.. but.... why am i on notice?? i've been posting :P

JayT said:

I'll see what I can do. ;) The last thing I made went completely unnoticed.

JayT said:
Oh shoot, I forgot to post the final on the oven ribs. Here they are:

100_0304-1.jpg

Those really look outstanding, Jay!! :woohoo:

Jay, those ribs look awesome. Glad to see that I have paved the way for others to do oven ribs. You are right, you just have to know how to use your oven like a BBQ. In fact, some of the 'fancy' restaurants bake them in ovens too. Having mastered that technique, I know how well your ribs turned out just by looking at them.

psst.....I almost think oven baked ribs are better because they are so much more tender and juicy. :)

What? More oven ribs? What kind of new phukery is this? It's a trick right? If I poo poo them, then I'll be ridiculed and veggies from a long forgotten thread will be resurrected and thrown in my face. If I embrace them...THP will scream that I'm a sellout and probably add a Jonas Bros. pic by my avatar! Jay....you bastard!! I can only escape the FAIL by not rating the ribs!!

(Chix looks killer though! HB&R!!)

Hey....wait....WTF? Where 'da booze at? Booooooo...

I would like to just say that the Food Network just show cased a restaurant in New York City that supposedly has the best Spicy Sicilian Ribs and guess what? They were oven baked! So for all of you that are snubbing your nose at these ribs, don't knock it until you try it!!! :lol:

Back