food The Drunken Chef

TB's Margarita Lasagna Prep Pics

As promised ya'll...here's my prep pics. This is how the evening began....

IMG_2149.jpg

The alfredo/mushroom layer...garlic, porcini's, olive oil, cream, fresh cracked black pepper and sea salt.

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

The marinara/sausage layer...garlic, shallots, fresno chiles, Italian sausage, tomato paste, and chianti.

IMG_2154.jpg

More to come....

And now the pesto/cream.....basil, garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, parmigian and asiago cheese, and sea salt.

IMG_2152.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

Liberal amounts of a blend asiago, parm, provolone, mozz, and reggiano cheese between and atop the layers...

IMG_2156.jpg

....to get this...35 minutes in a 425f. oven...

IMG_2158.jpg

Dig it.

That looks fantastic TB! Don't you think you should post it in the Throwdown thread in case some peeps don't come in hear? How did the layers/flavors come together? I wouldn't think of cream and pesto in the same dish. Crazy mojo you have going on there. I do love all the cheeses though! Especially how you got it browned on top.

JayT said:
That looks fantastic TB! Don't you think you should post it in the Throwdown thread in case some peeps don't come in hear? How did the layers/flavors come together? I wouldn't think of cream and pesto in the same dish. Crazy mojo you have going on there. I do love all the cheeses though! Especially how you got it browned on top.

I thought the prep pics would drown out the final dish so I linked to this thread in my original post over at the t-down.

The layers came out beautiful. You could taste the notes on each layer yet all at the same time. I'll be eating leftovers tonight!

Change of plans for me. Tonight will be more prime rib and the pasta tomorrow. The boy is sick so Grandma's is out for tomorrow.

Cool. TB are you having your own drunk Throwdown or did you post in the wrong area? :lol:

thehotpepper.com said:
Cool. TB are you having your own drunk Throwdown or did you post in the wrong area? :lol:

Geez Louise....If I had posted all the prep and final pics that would have been 12 pics! So I linked the prep pics to this thread.....since I was drunk!

Deer Balls and Bowties

Well since I didn't get to enter this in the Throwdown, I will present it to y'all here. It may not look like much, but Dddahm! This is some great eatin!
FoodPics003.jpg

Ingredients
1 Yellow Onion Diced
minced garlic
Sea Salt
Black Pepper
Chopped Fresh Sage
Creole Seasoning
Fatalii Powder
Chocolate Hab Powder
Anaheim Powder
Buttermilk
Heavy Cream
Flour
Dijon Mustard
Red wine
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Breadcrumbs
Fresh Rosemary
Chicken Broth
1 pound of Ground Venison
1 pound of Italian Sausage
6-8 slices of bacon diced
(I forgot to use the green onions pictured :lol: )

To make the balls, mix the meat together, included the diced fried Bacon and mix well. Then add the breadcrumbs, Buttermilk and spices and mix well. Then roll the meat mixture into balls and fry in skillet until golden brown on the outside and set aside. Next make a brown Roux in the same skillet and simmer to reduce for about 15 - 20 minutes. Next add a cup of red wine and a couple of dollops of Dijon Mustard mixing well add the meat balls and continue simmering but covered for 20 minutes and then serve over the bowties.

Enjoy!!! :)
FoodPics006.jpg

looks fantastic PF!! kinda glad you missed out on entering... one less competitor!! it does look awesome and its makin me hungry!

mel said:
looks fantastic PF!! kinda glad you missed out on entering... one less competitor!! it does look awesome and its makin me hungry!
Brutal truth :rofl:

Thanks guys. It was a delight to eat.

I had family obligations, that I really enjoyed since my daughter is only 4 the holiday celebrations mean so much, no regrets. I was all plated up around 8:30, so I was only a half hour late. Oh well, maybe next time. Like I said I really had fun with the family today.

Pepperfreak said:
Thanks guys. It was a delight to eat.

I had family obligations, that I really enjoyed since my daughter is only 4 the holiday celebrations mean so much, no regrets. I was all plated up around 8:30, so I was only a half hour late. Oh well, maybe next time. Like I said I really had fun with the family today.

I admire your priorities, sir!

Back