food The Drunken Chef

If TB gets back from Mexico and sees that we have not posted ANYTHING in here, heads will roll. So... I give you Pizza Margherita. Simple, dough, olive oil, thinly sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, torn basil. I did add salt and pepper to the tomatoes which is not authentic, but I like it that way.

Here's what it looks like so far:

100_0330.jpg

If TB gets back from Mexico and sees that we have not posted ANYTHING in here, heads will roll. So... I give you Pizza Margherita. Simple, dough, olive oil, thinly sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, torn basil. I did add salt and pepper to the tomatoes which is not authentic, but I like it that way.

Here's what it looks like so far:

100_0329.jpg

100_0330.jpg

Perhaps we can convince tb that this is now a booze free zone. Also that we all gave up rock music and are all celibate. And we all eat veggie tacos!;)

Food looks great!

I did some apple smoked ribs with my pomegranate jolokia BBQ sauce.... a nice dark purple sauce.... too drunkied for pics... but will do minyana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeee! Drunkies!

thehotpepper.com said:
I did some apple smoked ribs with my pomegranate jolokia BBQ sauce.... a nice dark purple sauce.... too drunkied for pics... but will do minyana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeee! Drunkies!

I just don't beleive it without some pics, sounds like you had a dream to me. :lol:

Why am I always in your dreams!!!!!???????????????? Damn you!

You're in his dreams because yesterday I got it backwards. You are the one with the spicy Italian sausage and two meatballs.

To refresh your drunken memory I believe that was in the No Mods Are On thread.

Perhaps PF is warm for your form.

J/K PF!

1st BBQ of 2010

Drunken Yankee Pomegranate Jolokia Ribs

4-11-2010

Stubb's charcoal, apple wood. Thick dry rub coating w/jolokia (I coat once, and when saturated, coat again for a dry coat). Mopped with apple juice. Sauced at the end with pomegranate jolokia BBQ sauce

Enjoyed with Smuttynose IPA

Click for larger pic.

View attachment 223

View attachment 222

View attachment 224

View attachment 225

Attachments

• 4-11-2010-rib-stack.jpg
    4-11-2010-rib-stack.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 4-11-2010-ribs.jpg
    4-11-2010-ribs.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 4-11-2010-rib-stack2.jpg
    4-11-2010-rib-stack2.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 4-11-2010-2-ribs-plated.jpg
    4-11-2010-2-ribs-plated.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 80
Did you click them? And when in your browser window if you click again they should go full size.

It was a drunk BBQ so not the best smoke, but not bad.

Smoke ring - 4
Bark - 9
Tenderness - 6
Flavor - 7.5
Heat - :mouthonfire:

Ok Ima dummy. They look good. I'm working on a new entry for the pasta throwdown. It's somewhere between Stroganoff and tips over noodles. It is delicious. Pics uploading now.

Ok here it is. This is venison tips with a sauce made from beef gravy, red wine, sun dried tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeno, shallot, red onion, garlic, mushrooms, salt, pepper, mombasa powder, thyme, cream, sour cream, lemon juice, agave nectar (I found it a bit sour at first), worchestershire sauce, and cilantro. Served over egg noodles.

100_0336.jpg

And to drink, Long Island Iced Tea.

100_0337.jpg

100_0341.jpg

100_0340.jpg

I don't know if I could recreate this or not, but it is good. I think it would benefit from a little cheese too.

Looks great JAy and I think I need to walk to my liquor cabinet and mix up a Long Island Iced Tea too :D

THP, I am glad to see you have pics, looks tasty, how was the heat levels?

Pepperfreak said:
Looks great JAy and I think I need to walk to my liquor cabinet and mix up a Long Island Iced Tea too :D

THP, I am glad to see you have pics, looks tasty, how was the heat levels?

Don't you mean "hobble" to you liquor cabinet? :lol:

Great looking eats guys.

Yes because the sweet is balanced out by the tart and I like the flavor. I don't like too sweet, or too much molasses (gives a weird flavor). I've done strawberries too.

Back