food The Drunken Chef

Thought I'd join in on this thread since the majority of my cooking is done under the influence.

Here's what I was drinking last night. About 4 of these Aldi brand Corona knock offs while cooking and 1 Hitachino Nest Red Rice Ale to go with the meal:
0804101925.jpg

Bamboo skewers were soaked in water for a couple hours prior to loading on the chicken. Keeps them from burning on the grill.
0804101922.jpg

We used a few different kinds of sauces as the kiddies can't take the Crazy Uncle Jester's Select Reserve. The BBQ sauce is local stuff and it's pretty damn good, especially with some fresh orange habanero from the garden diced and stirred in.
0804101923.jpg

Getting things ready. That's right, I'm a charcoal man. No gas here, except the stove ranges!
0804102018.jpg

So I had this crazy idea of doing EVERYTHING on the grill. Even the potatoes. Boiling the 'taters. Then we coated them lightly with some vegetable oil and applied a little seasoning before finally throwing them on the grill for just a minute or two. First time we ever did potatoes this way and it sure as hell won't be the last.
0804102019.jpg

0804102039.jpg

0804102037.jpg

0804102040.jpg

Jenny's little one adding Paula Dean portions of butter on the corn:
0804102046.jpg

And here's the money shot of my plate. Two BBQ skewers and one deadly C.U.J. Select Reserve skewer. :mouthonfire: This was a great summer night dinner, if I do say so myself. We had a lovely evening (and one helluva buzz).
0804102117.jpg

Here's my Thursday contribution to the DC machine....

BRUNCH!!

This was the first day I've had to myself since the kids went back to school, so I opted to have a late breakfast/lunch type thing.

Here's what I came up with:

100_1568.jpg

Melting the butter with some of PF's fatalii powder....gettin' ready for the bearnaise mix and the milk...

100_1569.jpg

Habs' been out of the garden about 30 minutes....

100_1570.jpg

Two slices of smoked ham....cut in half...

100_1571.jpg

....ends up looking like.....THIS:

100_1582.jpg

100_1583.jpg

100_1585.jpg

This wound up looking like a cross between Eggs Benedict and a demented Egg McMuffin....but the flavor was out of this friggin world!!! :woohoo:

.....carry on.

Nice crushing of the beer cans. I would have kept the yolks, I like a slightly runny one oozing goodness. Trying to keep in shape to fit the bikini apron? Need to put English muffins or bagels on the shopping list and have this this weekend.

Yeah....I love the yolks....especially when they're runny like in a fried egg. But, some people don't appreciate it like we do...so, if I'm going to post photos...I leave them out.

;)

That looks friggin' awesome P2K

Kids are in school already ! Mine go back the 30th

Yup....they only got 6 weeks off for "summer break". But, they also get extra time off for "fall break", christmas/new years, and then again for "spring break"

They call it a "modified" school schedule. :crazy:

Thought I'd join in on this thread since the majority of my cooking is done under the influence.

Here's what I was drinking last night. About 4 of these Aldi brand Corona knock offs while cooking and 1 Hitachino Nest Red Rice Ale to go with the meal:
0804101925.jpg

Bamboo skewers were soaked in water for a couple hours prior to loading on the chicken. Keeps them from burning on the grill.
0804101922.jpg

We used a few different kinds of sauces as the kiddies can't take the Crazy Uncle Jester's Select Reserve. The BBQ sauce is local stuff and it's pretty damn good, especially with some fresh orange habanero from the garden diced and stirred in.
0804101923.jpg

Getting things ready. That's right, I'm a charcoal man. No gas here, except the stove ranges!
0804102018.jpg

So I had this crazy idea of doing EVERYTHING on the grill. Even the potatoes. Boiling the 'taters. Then we coated them lightly with some vegetable oil and applied a little seasoning before finally throwing them on the grill for just a minute or two. First time we ever did potatoes this way and it sure as hell won't be the last.
0804102019.jpg

0804102039.jpg

0804102037.jpg

0804102040.jpg

Jenny's little one adding Paula Dean portions of butter on the corn:
0804102046.jpg

And here's the money shot of my plate. Two BBQ skewers and one deadly C.U.J. Select Reserve skewer. :mouthonfire: This was a great summer night dinner, if I do say so myself. We had a lovely evening (and one helluva buzz).
0804102117.jpg

Very tasty looking. :onfire:

Damn good lookin' eats there, Pyro!! I'm loving the team effort too!

***Jane's FTW!!!! I love that stuff!!

Thanks! We usually cook together. It's rare that only one of us cooks the entire meal. Sometimes we'll have a "signature" dish and we fly solo but we usually make a night of it. It's a cheap form of entertainment and we all get something out of it.

I'm not really a pork eater but that breakfast sandwich looks tasty as hell. Might have to try that with some prime rib or a turkey sausage patty. Keystone's a good choice for summer drinkin' on the cheap. Nice and light. Good "lawnmowin' beer"! :lol:

Looks tasty - Love that crazy mixed up salt too

Thank you! :) We use Jane's Krazy mixed-up salt and pepper in probably 1/2 - 2/3 of our meals. Why use regular old salt and pepper when you can use KRAZY salt and pepper?!?!

Very tasty looking. :onfire:

Thanks. Tasty indeed. That Crazy Uncle Jester skewer had me breathing flames! Haven't had a good burn like that for a while. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it. It has a great Caribbean Jerk flavor and LOADS of heat.

The Dr. Dan's BBQ sauce is good too, but not really a traditional BBQ sauce. It's got a lot of complex worldly flavors going on like ginger and tamarind. I can't seem to find much info online at all and it looks like Dr. Dan let his domain name lapse which isn't a good sign. We bought it on clearance at Lofino's grocery several months ago and were saving it for the summer. I'll have to see if they still carry it.

Awesome entries, Pyro and Paul!!

Yea, summer's ending. Glad to see some peeps getting their final few dozen buzzes on before fall hits.

With football season around the corner (europeans call it "soccer") my drunken cheffery will kick into high gear!

Just going with the fact that I have posted all of one things. Second being that my meal wasn't super hot at all, but it had peppers and the flavor all of the way of delicious and the peppers that I added.

So below features the pictures of my dinner tonight featuring Garlic Pepper Shrimp cream sauce...

P1010506.JPG

Along with a little phalic bottled Tequila...

P1010499.JPG

Then we have the sides of fresh garden squash and some rice, which I will only show the squash, onion, bacon, garlic mixture.

P1010502.JPG

And the final product sans Tequila,

P1010510.JPG

Looks good Matt. Whats up with that tequila bottle? It looks like something I saw in a movie I wasn't supposed to watch.

Back