food The Drunken Chef

I want some of that meal. With the tequila or course! Just a little heads up. In addition to our throwdown this weekend, Wheebz and I are having a cookout so there will be mas pictures coming this way soon. BBQ's on everyone.

I want some of that meal. With the tequila or course! Just a little heads up. In addition to our throwdown this weekend, Wheebz and I are having a cookout so there will be mas pictures coming this way soon. BBQ's on everyone.

Hell...I was begining to wonder if you dropped off the edge of the earth....

....by the way....did you happen to see TB while you were in purgatory?

Got a wild hair while cruising the aisles of the local Asian Market. Picked up a Gobo Root or Burdock Root. Took it home and made up a little appetizer to find out what the thing tastes like. Very unique texture and flavor. Nutty, artichoke like and sweeter than I expected. Anyways, here is the final look

Before peeling and slicing
P1010518.JPG

Thinly sliced on the bias for more chiplike consistency
P1010521.JPG

Lightly oiled pan, sauced with Soy, Sriracha, Red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and sugar.
P1010528.JPG

Cool and Refreshing
P1010529.JPG

Very interesting to learn something new about another ingredient

this was my meal for the night, asian style.
chicken w/fish & oyster sauce, thai chiles, white onion, small orange sweet bell, on a bed of crispy (fried) basil & mint leaves, on a bed of rice.
w/ homemade egg drop soup, doesnt look like the normal version but still tastes great. & a schell's beer.

100_7297.jpg

Since I am out of the throwdown this time, (dammit!) I ate most of my entry last night. Some raw bluepoint oysters and this blackened tuna. Some peeps wanted to see the tuna so here's some pics

100_7296.jpg

100_7297.jpg

Was drinking Leffe Blonde ALe, but forgot the pic of that.

one look at this & you'll know why this is placed in the "drunken chef" thread :lol:

100_7310.jpg

I'll explain. someone mentioned this idea to me weeks ago, so I had to give it a try.
instead of chocolate I used butterscotch, mixed in de arbol & chipotle morita powder, then I dipped cooked bacon into the butterscotch. consider it like spicy candy bacon :beer:

Please post the real pic CH, not what happened after you ate it :lol:

Good to see you posting again.

I had some stuff lying around that I wanted to use up.

IMG_1069.jpg

Some onions, Big Sun Scotch Bonnet, anahiem pepper, mushrooms, wok oil, fire oil, soy sauce, minced garlic

IMG_1070.jpg

The Brew for the day, very tasty

IMG_1072.jpg

Peppers Done

IMG_1073.jpg

For the grill: Smoked Brat, Chuck Eye Steak, Summit Jamican Jerk

IMG_1075.jpg

Brat done!

IMG_1076.jpg

Brat with some Habby Pony, love this stuff, thanks Defcon

IMG_1077.jpg

Steak Done!

IMG_1078.jpg

All in all, everything was very tasty this afternoon.

Back