food The Drunken Chef

Seems like just yesterday that TB had this little brainchild that would go on to become one of the most popular threads on THP. Kind of makes me misty... Ok now where's my beer. :drunk:

Oh yeah nice poppers Sum. :D

Call me super drunken or just lazy, I don't care. I am going to put up three meals worth of drunken nights. Starting with Shrimp tacos while the girlfriend was out of town (she is allergic to shellfish).

P1010536.JPG

Then we decided to have Tequila Lime chicken tacos with a fresh lime and cayenne slaw and some house made guacamole the other night along with some fresh serranos. The serranos are green, but they tasted great.

P1010538.JPG

Then just tonight we made up some jalepeno poppers (from the store, not the garden :) ) with cumin seed rice and thick cut bacon and tillamook sharp cheddar, and some Coca Cola BBQ chicken with garden zuchinni polenta and some whole seed bread lightly grilled with butter. It was freaking great!

P1010545.JPG

and

P1010548.JPG

Call me super drunken or just lazy, I don't care. I am going to put up three meals worth of drunken nights. Starting with Shrimp tacos while the girlfriend was out of town (she is allergic to shellfish).

P1010536.JPG

Then we decided to have Tequila Lime chicken tacos with a fresh lime and cayenne slaw and some house made guacamole the other night along with some fresh serranos. The serranos are green, but they tasted great.

P1010538.JPG

Then just tonight we made up some jalepeno poppers (from the store, not the garden :) ) with cumin seed rice and thick cut bacon and tillamook sharp cheddar, and some Coca Cola BBQ chicken with garden zuchinni polenta and some whole seed bread lightly grilled with butter. It was freaking great!

P1010545.JPG

and

P1010548.JPG

Ooohhh puffy tacos! Wait a minute!!! Is this TB's alter-ego? With the awesome looking poppers and Hornitas it sure looks like it.

Thanks all before and after. I would show my garden too but this year in my area is terrible for growing peppers and maters. So you get my cooking with other peoples peppers until I get more

Matt, you do me proud sir! That is nuthin' but KILLERMANJARO Great pics! Those poppers look incredible. You sir have your own time zone in the next throwdown without question! Jump back and kiss yourself two times! With those pics you could well be the new sheriff in town!

Hmmmmm, post number 5016 just doesn't feel the same as post number 5000. I will be sure to catch the 10,000th! :D You have created a monster here TB, well done!

Dang Matt, looks great!
Your drink selection is more impressive on the night your GF was away...you tied one on that night, huh?!?!
Awesome food! I'm hungry now.

Hey TB, I will join this...what do you call it...throwdown, but only with the assumption that I will win. I don't want to go into a losing battle you know. ;) Where do I sign up?

Wait for it Matt. It will be the first Friday-Sunday of the month. Read up on the past throwdowns to give you an idea of how they work. You will be a player fo' sho'

hell yea matt, get in on it!!
Throwdowns have become the sole focus of my existence!!! (except my wife and kids and beer) It's that much fun!!
Good advice to read some of the past ones, especially the Jerk one of '09. It was probably the best one yet.

Back