food The Drunken Chef

Alright, begin the drunkenessness. Tonight is left over chicken thighs put into a sandwich. I made up a tarragon alfredo with chicken, fried zuchinni from the garden and then on a toasted roll with Mozzarella, pecorino romano and garlic (aka garlic bread). Along with some red wine since the white wine is finished already. Delicious.

small pic click for bigger

Alright, begin the drunkenessness. Tonight is left over chicken thighs put into a sandwich. I made up a tarragon alfredo with chicken, fried zuchinni from the garden and then on a toasted roll with Mozzarella, pecorino romano and garlic (aka garlic bread). Along with some red wine since the white wine is finished already. Delicious.

Very creative!!

:woohoo:

I'm trying hard to get my head around the tarragon alfredo. The cut of my jib doesn't lean that way for some reason. Was the tarragon fresh or dried? I can get next to tarragon chix tossed into an alfredo, but I can't picture a tarragon garlic cream sauce. I'm weird, I know.

Freshly floated tarragon that finished the sauce really. I also thought tarragon chicken, then knew I loved tarragon Alfredo and chicken Alfredo and why not the both of them. It is delicious, especially if you are a tarragon fan! I have some in my garden and it is a high point for me.

Try it TB. I can't speak enough good. One of those things that surprised us so much, we've never seen it, it should be on menus. It will be one day now that my girlfriend and I enjoyed it so much. Get on the bandwagon!

I often do a tarragon cream sauce with lobster or crab pasta dishes. I've never done it with chicken, but I can dig it! Expand your horizons MasterChief TB.

I often do a tarragon cream sauce with lobster or crab pasta dishes. I've never done it with chicken, but I can dig it! Expand your horizons MasterChief TB.

bah! I have a very discriminating and discerning palette! The culinary cornucopia of flavors my mouth is able to recognize verily puts a truffle eating pig to shame. To be sure I get the tarragon fett 'thang but my mind only gets it with sherry wine and mushrooms. :lol:

bah! I have a very discriminating and discerning palette! The culinary cornucopia of flavors my mouth is able to recognize verily puts a truffle eating pig to shame. To be sure I get the tarragon fett 'thang but my mind only gets it with sherry wine and mushrooms. :lol:

Also good with beef and lamb......

....why am I having shrimp/asparagus flashbacks?

:rofl:

So, I am a booze enthusiast with a pepper problem. All I find myself doing is looking at this post and then taking pictures of my food. Again the lady is out for the night and that means shrimp/shellfish night. I am super happy, so I just threw some beans on while I figured out what to make. I decided a rum and pepsi.

P1010557.JPG

Which made the choices easier and I went along with some greens from the garden in a pot with some smoked pork shanks and a little chicken stock.

P1010559.JPG

Which I then took the liquid after an hour and added that to a pot along with some grits and butter and cheddar cheese for some cheddar grits that were out of this world. I then sauteed up some shrimps in some olive oil, garlic and cream along with my spicy rub that goes on everything.

P1010565.JPG

Needless to say I am both happy and full. Time for another rum and pepsi.

Back