food The Drunken Chef

Okay folks, gonna kick it off tonight with AJ's Sex In A Jar (oops! I mean Fatalii Puree).... what I call Fatalii Simplicity:

Preheat your oven to 350F.
Coat a piece of pork loin with fatalii puree, making sure to put some on the bottom before you place it in the pan...
aj1.JPG

Sprinkle it with sea salt, garlic powder, and rosemary leaves...
aj2.JPG

Now comes the really, really hard part.
Stick it in the oven and wait almost 2 hours until it gets to 160F.

I'll be back....
Aren't you JEALOUS???

You know, it was very difficult to keep myself from licking the spoon I used to slather that puree on the pork loin. Had to get a fresh spoon before imbibing. Such a piece of heaven!

Yes I am jealous! I could be there in about an hour...oh wait, I gotta work tonight :( But. that looks good so far and I can't wait to see the finished product. And to think I'm stuck eating my Buffalo Dogs tonight. :lol:

Mmmm.... mmmmmm.......

saij1.jpg

Mmmmmmmm..... don't .... stop ..... don't...... stop..... oooooOOOOOH! :eek:
saij2.jpg

Mmmmm.... all better now!
saij3.jpg

Interesting. Let us know how it tastes.
Like the Big O just happened to your mouth.....

... why do you think I call it SAIJ????

Sadness, though, as there was a little veggie accident, so just ended up with peas and corn. And aggravated at myself that the pork is in the back in the pic. Ah well, there's always next time.... it's all in my tummy now!

so basically what you are saying is that the spicy pork and vegetable dish you made tasted like a "Big O happened" in or around your mouth????

Good showing G. Glad to see you posting more entries. You are all over the DC and you have a throwdown in the books. You are finally acting like a veteran. :)

so basically what you are saying is that the spicy pork and vegetable dish you made tasted like a "Big O happened" in or around your mouth????
As I posted elsewhere, after dinner my son stood up from his chair, pointed at me, and said "You! Bad!" then walked away. But he ate everything on his plate....

:rofl:

That looks incredible geeme! Even with the peas and corn. ;)

Yeah, I'm not so much a "plain" pea fan, but they do have a nice green color. Do like corn though, especially a super-sweet just picked off the stalk and roasted on the ear - don't even need butter. Too late in the season for that now, but my current affair with fatalii puree is making up for it - my gosh I love that stuff!

HELLOOOOOOOOOO anybody out there? Somebody cook something and fast!

[scratches head quizzically, furrows brow, cocks head to side]: What's stopping you????

Me? I've got enough left over from my TD cooking to not cook for a week.....

DC seems to be slipping down the list for recent posts, so I got a hankerin for some Chile Verde this afternoon with football so here's a teaser, more to come

1s82.jpg

Well here's the Chile Verde, y'all judge for yourselves

Fry up the pork till it's crispy

2hef3lx.jpg

2njaek8.jpg

Roast the tomitillos, garlic and chiles

ofxa2w.jpg

Roasted tomatillo and chiles

2pq9il1.jpg

Blender the tomatillos and chop the chiles and combine with the pork with oregano and fresh chopped cilantro then simmer for 2-3 hrs.

s2qp3o.jpg

And Dinner is Served

My lovely Bride is enjoying this plate, before I devour the rest after having a Keystone posting this

fmnpty.jpg

Back