food The Drunken Chef

Well here's a SHOUT OUT to PMD, Sethsaquatch, JT, CJ, SalsaLAdy, THP and all the Whiskey makers around the world, Smashed for life right?
135ca17f.jpg

e9718506.jpg

BOOHYAH!

I ain't cookin' but CJ is... Tater somethin....

And what exactly is rong with being Jarred" oohh yyeeaahhhh??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peas out or innnnn

JARRRRAED MF'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scovie, where's the serrano in those man-boob pics?

Oh wait, that was the "other" thread.

You know I'm crying in my tea over here just looking at these posts.....no booze, no good food for another 2 weeks :cry:

oh yea....crispy THIGHS!!!

yea, I'm craving a crispy gooey plate of nachos and hot sauce......and I'm still on the "die yet" for another week.....

5# to go, lost 30+ in the last 2 years...

Ya'll know I don't eat much meat these days but mrs. blues has drug me to the new Frisco In-N-Out 3 times since it opened (willingly too).
We were going to go yesterday as I was jonesin' for a single cheese animal style with no lettuce or toms, and well done animal style fries. Good 'Gawd I could make a mudpack out of the spread and grilled onions. Anywhoo mrs. blues decided we should break from INO for a spell so I thought what to do, what to do. So I thought shrimp, 15/20's, texas wild and picked those up fresh and while I was doing that I had an epiphany, CHEESE SAUCE! Or what we here in Texas refer to simply as Queso. So I picked up some heavy cream for that.

Now a typical Tex-Mex queso could be just Velveeta, Ro-Tel canned toms and pickled 'peno's, but a scratch made queso is sooo much better.

Got my sauce pan going with some butter, green onions, sundried toms, and 'peno's.

IMG_3189.jpg

Then seasoned and added some flour for a roux.

IMG_3190.jpg

Cooked it a bit added the cream, brought it up to a simmer and then added cheese, and more cheese, and more cheese, in this case a cheddar/jack mix.

IMG_3191.jpg

Now what to do with it? On a whim I broke up my secret stash of Frito's, ripped open the bag and layered them in a dish and poured on the queso. Topped with a little salsa. Dippin' one chip at a time is okay for the hoity toity crowd but to get maximum bang for the buck its better to shovel them it in with a spoon if you want a roadtrip to flavortown.

IMG_3193.jpg

What started as an app turned out to more than enough for my stomach so I nixed the shrimps for later. Leftover, the queso should be even better.

Boom shaka laka!

Back