food The Drunken Chef

First entry! Peppers (and bison patties) from a local farmer's market which had an amazing variety. Bought a ton for the fridge and freezer.

i1ybsj.jpg

That's a handsome looking burger, but the Doublewood is my favorite thing in that there picture!! [fine scotch and bison burger....whooda thunk it :) ]

The Macallen 12 goes great with 1/2 pint of Pabst. Chilled, of course.

The beer adds a bubbly component and a hoppy bitterness that helps mask the woody flavor of the scotch.

It's important to mix the finest, most expensive scotch you can find with the crappiest cheap beer you can get your hands on.

I may be on to something!!

You're mixing Macallen 12 yo with PBR and still walking around on Earth while a billion bastard souls are screaming for ice cream in hell. :rofl:

Chilli Coconut Chicken Pasta with Broad Bean and Thyme
chillicoconutchicken001.jpg

You may notice from the photo that one of the ingredients is leftovers. It may not qualify as drunken chef worthy but I don't care about the rules cos I've been drinking.
I made coconut chicken pasta for the kids yesterday. No heat.
Heated the leftovers with some chilli flakes.
chillicoconutchicken002.jpg

Thought my broad beans were dead but they still had a few pods so I put them in the pestle and mortar with some cumin seeds, two types of thyme I had growing in the garden and smashed it up.
chillicoconutchicken003.jpg

Added juice of half a lime, chilli and garlic oil, and parmesan cheese. This is sort of the thing that I would add crushed garlic to but there was lots in the pasta and in the oil. The oil turned out to be hotter than I remembered.
chillicoconutchicken004.jpg

Put it on top of the pasta with more parmesan cheese and "pizza thyme" to garnish
chillicoconutchicken005.jpg

chillicoconutchicken006.jpg

The oil made it really hot but it was an all over the mouth gentle burn. Really tasty.
Love to eat broad beans this way.
:beer:

Hey..
My first TD participation was a disaster.. :mope:
I try to make some " fry potato" "red cabage with apple" and smoked sausages!!! but when i finish my dish... I look and the fist thing in my mint "this looks complety ugly!! I never eat something like this!! lol
sooooo I had to give up participate of the TD :(
But I remenber JayT hot dog, and put the smoked sausage on bread, loots of chease and microwaved! WOW The smoked sausage is really good!!!

the smoked sausage!! great red color! 5 hours of smoke
defg.jpg

my dinner
pocomlinguia.jpg

im hoping the combination of Mylanta, Zantac 150, Pepto, and Milk of Magnesia thats brewing in my stomach along with 2 trinny scorps, 2 fataliis, and 2 red savinas, and 2 habanero's will do just fine

and big thanks to JayT for giving me the peppers, just so everyone knows where I got them from

How fu#@D up am I? JT looks a lot like Wheebz... blluurrrrrrrr
I haven't even had a drop today,
I thought that Listerine toothpaste was strong
Holy Shit

im hoping the combination of Mylanta, Zantac 150, Pepto, and Milk of Magnesia thats brewing in my stomach along with 2 trinny scorps, 2 fataliis, and 2 red savinas, and 2 habanero's will do just fine

and big thanks to JayT for giving me the peppers, just so everyone knows where I got them from

So, if you die...

Back