food The Drunken Chef

The great turkey boner is up.... whoot!

I don't know what's up with men and sleep, but I know it's NOT the whiskey!
What's up with women? I guess back in caveman days, someone had to stay awake and keep watch from the cave....
Other caveman clans would steal your boned turkey.

Out of the oven
f4210980.jpg

Wavy Gravy
f819b2a5.jpg

Brussel Sprouts
ce19b443.jpg

Pea Salad
1137ffa7.jpg

Just Slice across
63c0d6c8.jpg

Check it out
91680d16.jpg

Each Slice, about the thickness of a bacon slice has White meat, Dark meat and Stuffing
778b6f5d.jpg

Coma Platter, no bones about it
844786f3.jpg

I've boned our turkey every year now for 8 years in a row, (I'll leave that one alone) and I don't think I would do it any other way... sooo good, and juicy.
I Sprinkled some of Buddy's Smoked Congo Powder on the bird before stuffing, and some Justaguy's Smoked Scorpion Powder in the (drippings) gravy.
Not really shown was Green bean casserole, and cranberry rings.

I hope everyone had a great day, and your day with your kids tomorrow is just as awesome Geeme!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Best one ever.

I hope everyone had a great turkey day. The day after Thanksgiving is always Welcome Christmas Day around the Rocket house. So to get this day started I'm making a big pot of Red Beans and Rice. So to start

9190610e.jpg

We have 2 green and 2 red bell peppers, 2 medium onions, 5 stalks of celery, 6 cloves of Gahlic all at a small dice and a Corona Light.

bba83483.jpg

A good bit of Tony's cajunlishous seasoning for that ragin Cajun flavor.

265f0d15.jpg

And heat will be supplied for those who desire it by Musky Mojos superhot powder. Thanks Bro!

91e8aeb6.jpg

Next we heat up the pot and go twice around with EVOO then add the veggies and cook em down good I garentee.

730baf82.jpg

Now we add some sausage. Today I using some Hillshire Farms Polska Kilbasa and 2 packages of red beans I soaked overnight and simmered for 3 hours.

49b2b299.jpg

Close up shot. Summer all day or till ready to serve. Serve over a bed of fluffy white rice. This recipe will serve 5 true Cajuns or 20 anybody else. Plating or rather bowling shots to come later thus afternoon after the smell of it cooking all day has driven everyone in the house crazy.

Cheers y'all,
RM

I love Red Beans and Rice. I do mine the opposite way though, I cook the sausage first. Looking forward to this later.

SD, that turkey looks delish. Love the bacon.

Geeme, you have fun today!

Oh RocketMan! You're makin' me tear up with that big ol' pot of Cajun Luv!!!! And you've talked me into it...I'm going to make some Monday and have it while watching my Saints kick some Giant butt!!!! :woohoo:

Kept it simple for dinner:
Veggies for roasting...acorn squash, carnival squash, onion, shallot, portabellas.
t1.jpg

Turkey brined in apple cider and seasonings.... (yes, the skin looks black in this pic, sorry 'bout that! It was dark, but not black.)
t2.jpg

Those, plus green beans sauteéd in olive oil, garlic, sea salt, and lemon - dinner is served!
t3.jpg

Dessert to come later - dinner was simple, but this should be spectacular!

To all else celebrating Thanksgiving a day late - hope you're having a good one!

RM, you have inspired CJ to make RB&R for Monday's Saint's game, and for that I thank you, again! Looks Awesome, as always.

We're celebrating with you G! Everything on that plate looks very elegant, and rich... Loves it!
Thanks for sharing, I know you've got a houseful... :)

Okay, dessert time. Wine-poached apples.
P1000826.JPG

1-1/2 cups of wine, 3/4 cups sugar, 1/3 cup orange juice, star anise, stick cinnamon, lemon peel, orange peel, coriander, mace, dehydrated cayenne pod. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low simmer.
P1000827.JPG

Put in the cored & peeled apples, then cook, turning ocassionally, for about 30 minutes.
P1000829.JPG

Remove the apples, then remove the solid pieces. Pour syrup into a small saucepan, and boil for about 15 minutes.

1 cup plain yogurt, vanilla bean, and honey. Scrape the bean into the vanilla, add honey, and stir together.
Put the yogurt on a plate, an apple, then syrup.
P1000832.JPG

P1000833.JPG

P1000834.JPG

This tasted amazing - not overly sweet, as there was enough kick from the wine and seasonings to balance out the sugar. I used Zinfandel wine and Pink Lady apples.

Back