food The Drunken Chef

Welp

Looks like I am going to neither be part of the PA Posse or the NY Posse

guess I am now So Flo Posse

I was just offered a job in Sarasota Florida opening up a new brewpub and restaurant, and I took it

I will be moving to Sarasota in 3 weeks

Banana leaves and dances with Bear here I come

Welp

Looks like I am going to neither be part of the PA Posse or the NY Posse

guess I am now So Flo Posse

I was just offered a job in Sarasota Florida opening up a new brewpub and restaurant, and I took it

I will be moving to Sarasota in 3 weeks

Banana leaves and dances with Bear here I come

Best news I've heard all week!!!!!! (and I've heard plenty of good news!)

Congrats Wheebz!! PM the name/location of your brewpub when it's official.
I'll swing the family by and maybe even bear, though he's on a bagpiping kick lately.
My armpits are chaffed to pieces!

You guys gonna serve Busch Light?

West Coast beaches are really nice. I hope nothing but the best for you on this!!!!

Welcome to the SoFlo lifestyle.

Our totz are made from Yuca.

Wheebz is in for a shift of EVERYTHING!!!!!

...and the ladies down here are hotter and exotic-er.

The beer is colder.

The winters are warmer (but not hot...just nice)

The summers are cooler...sea breeze

Good Food

Good people

Good philly cheesesteak...not so much.

But you can get a hell of a cuban sandwich, even in Sarasota!

Ore Ida

shes a crazy one she is

and I will come on down and we can have a cheese steak party, made true philly style by a real pensyltuckian

and you guys can in turn make me good seafood

Best news I've heard all week!!!!!! (and I've heard plenty of good news!)

Congrats Wheebz!! PM the name/location of your brewpub when it's official.
I'll swing the family by and maybe even bear, though he's on a bagpiping kick lately.
My armpits are chaffed to pieces!

You guys gonna serve Busch Light?

West Coast beaches are really nice. I hope nothing but the best for you on this!!!!

Welcome to the SoFlo lifestyle.

Brewery's name is Darwin's Restaurant and Brewpub, previously Mad Crow Brewing Company, 1525 4th Street, Sarasota Florida

Exec chef/owner is named Darwin, hence the brewery name

I would have gone for something a little more catchy, but hey, he writes the checks

ACTUALLY

I would love to get some ideas from you Floridians as to what type of beer you think is lacking in the area

Being that this is going to be a Peruvian style restaurant, I am going to have to make beers that pair with that style of food, hes a big ceviche guy, but I want to make some crazy off the wall stuff too, so let me know and ill see what I can do

and yea, if any of you come to the brewery, beer is on me, except for bear, no animals allowed

wheebz, if he's doing true Peruvian Ceviche then there's going to be most likely some Aji Lemons around and I'm sure you can come up with an idea or 2 on what to do with those.

Well, since the is the Drunken Chef, and since Wheebz is both a drunk and a BEER chef, as well as my bud, I say we give him a pass for this one. I am very glad for you Wheebz. I am sorry you are going to be so far away now, but I am still glad for you. Maybe you can have Darwin fly me down there a couple times a year for some consulting about something. :lol:

Back