food The Drunken Chef

WOW, todays the 10th and nobody has posted to the DC yet this month? Unreal, but now to fix that. This is kind of a tribute to the newest applicant to the FloPo, wheebz, tonight I'm going to be fixing, right here on the DC network

Bourbon Smoked Porter-bello Chicken With Garlic And Lemon Roasted Asparagus

Teaser shot

49fd3b8c.jpg

Chicken in the brine
4eaefee0.jpg

Bourbon
33c82e1a.jpg

Smoked Porter
b7a60e7c.jpg

More to come so don't change that channel!

Brining is done so dredge the chicken breasts in flour, dunk into some new brine then dredge again and into the skillet with butter and Olive Oil to brown on both sides

75cbe190.jpg

When done transfer to a casarole and pour 1/2 cup of the Smoked Porter over them and into a 300 degree oven.

d70fcb89.jpg

Trim the ends off the asparagus and place on a long piece of foil. Spinkle Kosher salt and sliced garlic then drizzle with Olive Oil and add slices of Lemon. Tonight I'm using a Myers Lemon from my moms tree. Gotta love living in Florida

70170fcf.jpg

Seal the package and it goes into a 350 degree oven 30 minuts before serving

964bce39.jpg

More to come

Ok so Google maps says its a 2 day 4hr drive from here to there. Hold on to my chicken Rocketman!!! I am on my way! Lol jk!!! Seriously sounds awesome though!!!

Time to start the rice. This is teh best rice blend I have ever used.

123992ff.jpg

2 Cups rice to 4 cups of water

171e2a3a.jpg

Back to the chicken, deglaze the pan with 1/2 cup Bourbon

a22fee06.jpg

Add Olive Oil and butter

04ba8a00.jpg

Saute Shallots, garlic and thyme

81185cde.jpg

Add mushrooms and 1 cup Smoked Porter and let simmer for 20 minutes

306766d2.jpg

Are your hungers talking to ya yet?

After 20 minutes take 1 egg yolk and whisk it till it's pale yellow. Add 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream and 1/2 cup of chicken stock. Return the chicken to the skillet with all the juices to finish cooking. Sauce will thicken but if it doesn't make a flour and water slurry and add it to the sauce.

59625d09.jpg

Fluf the rice and put Asparagus in oven. Now 30 minutes till serving.

Keep it comin' RM... Keep it coming.

The more Woodford, the blurrier the pics, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I can almost smell your kitchen right now.
(I love me some WR Bourbon).

A little Fatalii powder was added to mine for a bit of heat.

61719303.jpg

65102365.jpg

That was goooooooood!!!!!!!

Welcome to Florida Wheebz.

RM

Scovie,
Blurry pics weren't so much the Woodfords as it was steam getting on the lens from cooking and it's my IPhone. Not the best combo.

As for TD's I'd have done this one but was working till after 10 each day on stage sets for the wife. I really enjoy them but by the time I got home and could do something all I wanted was a beer and a shower.

Mmmm, looks great. I love Woodford Reserve! And I have no doubt that the rice tastes excellent, but when I look at it, I can't help but think it looks like birdseed. :crazy:

You know, RM, there are ways of getting the same results without so much hassle when you're drunk. Like sautee some thin-sliced chicken breasts in butter, then add a can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup along with half a can of milk, add some portobellos, pepper powder, cumin, garlic, (etc., etc.) pour it over a bed of rice - DONE! Drinking the Porter while you're eatng it gives the same results - it all ends up the same place, anyway.

J/K!

Seriously, that dish of yours looks and sounds excellent!

Working on Italian Beef Sandwiches w/ French Onion Jus.

Here's the work in progress:

100_9886.jpg

A little Vodka and Tonic

100_9889.jpg

I deglazed the pan with red wine and added beef stock and some Italian Seasoning.

100_9890.jpg

100_9891.jpg

Sandwich pics coming soon.

I took some Amorosa rolls from Philly (usually known as cheesesteak rolls), drizzled with olive oil, sprinkled with cracked black pepper, sea salt, and garlic powder, then baked. Added the beef,

100_9892.jpg

Then some provolone cheese

100_9895.jpg

Under the broiler to melt the cheese

100_9896.jpg

Topped with Giardinara and served with a side of French Onion Soup for dipping.

100_9894.jpg

100_9897.jpg

RM, fantastic looking! Good choice with the Woodford Reserve - that's one of my favorites. You're more disciplined than I am though; I'm sure I'd drink the bottle before I started cooking...

JayT - sandwich WINNER!

Vodka tonic looks like ice water to me. No alcohol bottle pictured FAIL!

I personally know JayT. As much as I would also like to call BS at every opportunity on the man, in this case and many others, I cannot. Trust me, he's all about the alcomohol. He and I have been drunk as skunks and the skunks lost. He might be from PA but he's Texan approved!

RM, I was going to give you a hard time about sobering up in the 30 minutes the chicken was cooking to get the clear pics at the end. Steam's a buggar to photo around. Delish looking dish.

JayT, what can I say? as always....YUM!

A little Fatalii powder was added to mine for a bit of heat.

61719303.jpg

65102365.jpg

That was goooooooood!!!!!!!

Welcome to Florida Wheebz.

RM

ohh god, its just as awesome as I thought it would be

Me and Mr. Woodford have been talking quite a bit lately. He's a fine fellow and we've been sippen and decoratin' the tree

Looks great RM and JT

Again with the awesome looking grub there JT. Do you always cook gourmet like that? Or do you just nuke a hot dog once in awhile....

Back