food The Drunken Chef

Man I sure missed a party last night it seems. I'll be cookin' eatin' and drankin' all day today. Pics to come.

kibaumm - those rolls look gooooooood! I notice you use peppermint alot! I only have spearmint in my garden...but now I'm hunting for peppermint because of your awesome recipes!!!!!!!!

OK, first attempt at Smoking a Pork Butt. It was not pull-able, but tasty. 5 hours at 225º.

when your thermometer looks like this... it's done, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Scove Drunkft FAIL!!! :rofl:

8ec1dc48.jpg

43d80169.jpg

a16c5da0.jpg

Scovie drunk FAIL for real. That's an instant read thermometer... not to be left in or on top of the smoker. 8 hrs in a smoker at ~250F will give you pulled pork. No thermometer needed.

That looks like a handy thermometer for smoking. Just don't get drunk and put it IN the smoker like I did :rofl:
Next time I'll go 8 hours no matter what.

That's funny because a moment ago - while eating a pulled port BBQ sammy - I decided I'd probably throw the pulled pork in the cameron smoker for 10 minutes next time I make it ...

Guess it's about time for a refreshing beverage and to start plotting this afternoon/evenings grub, huh ... I am feeling the need for heat, it's going to have to be SPICY ...

The internal temp was 170° last time I checked (and then left the damm thermometer in there).
So I think technically it was done.
I'm not a smoking expert, (or even novice for that matter), but i am thinking the fibers break down after a long length of time.
The kind of cooking I am used to is, as soon as it gets to a certain internal temp, pull it!
Smoking is a totally different process than what I have ever done, except Salmon, which is different altogether.

I'll learn, maybe... Lol

CJ just informed me she just put it in the Crock pot. That should work, right?

That's funny because a moment ago - while eating a pulled port BBQ sammy - I decided I'd probably throw the pulled pork in the cameron smoker for 10 minutes next time I make it ...

Guess it's about time for a refreshing beverage and to start plotting this afternoon/evenings grub, huh ... I am feeling the need for heat, it's going to have to be SPICY ...

10 minutes? Wha? You mean just to flavor it a little before you put it in the Pressure Cooker? Ok, that makes sense.
Never mind, I think I just answered my own question. (sometimes the voices are loud enogh to hear). Hahahahahaha

You can always wrap it in foil and put it in oven at 225 until you reach internal temp, always let stand for one hour double wrapped in foil. The pork takes on very little smoke into the bark after about 6 hours.

10 minutes? Wha? You mean just to flavor it a little before you put it in the Pressure Cooker? Ok, that makes sense.
Never mind, I think I just answered my own question. (sometimes the voices are loud enogh to hear). Hahahahahaha

pressure cook, then shred, then smoke a little bit ...

what's going on today ...

c41963bd.jpg

and ...

b3088c23.jpg

meanwhile, danielle is being a carb purist today ...

2952eb00.jpg

seriously, you can't make that shit up ...

I usually figure 1.5 hrs per lb @225 and when it gets stuck at 170F I'll wrap it in foil and wait. When it hits 190-200 pull it off the smoker and let it cool enough to shred

GM

What am I a schmuck on wheels?

Where's mine?

That pork sammich is for super chingon!

I had to repeat for dinner. If I was the type to give thanks before retiring, I would thank Sum ... pressure cooking is rockin' ...

Since joining THP I've paid less attention to my babies and started smoking and pressure cooking ... WTH ...

Nice work GM.

So we have some tomfoolery, bamboozleing, and general horseplay going on in SoFlo since 5oclocksomewhere is in town. Monday night we got dirty-dirty on some coconut fried shrimp. Had to add Rocketman's "The Captains Sauce" because we felt like it would pair perfectly. We were not disappointed. Some sweet notes with a little kick that comes in slowly but surely. These things were great... and SoFlo has 5o to thank for all the chefwerk. It was, afterall, his masterful hands at the wheel of this culinary delight.

IMG_5040.jpg

Yeah, these things were dredged in beer batter before being coated in coconut shavings.

IMG_5041.jpg

And then deep fried to perfection.

IMG_5044.jpg

IMG_5047.jpg

IMG_5051.jpg

Back