• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food The Drunken Chef

The Hot Pepper said:
Is that the tenderloin?
Nope, different thing.
Here are the part used:
http://www.bresaolavaltellina.it/en/the-product/product-s-descriptions-246 (incredible! An en link that actually works!)
This is the (i think) most recognized bresaola, then i suppose there are variants, but more or less that is i suppose...

You find also dried tenderloin and is good (but i think fresh grilled tenderloin is 30-40 times better, just horribly expensive).

EDIT: another interesting stuff:
http://www.consorziodelculatellodizibello.it/index_eng.html
i don't know that well, it's probably the most expensive salumi kind widespread on markets here...
I ate it only once in a pizza so i didn't think i tasted it well...

Essegi said:
Yeah, similar to prosciutto, only made with beef. Or horse (rarer).

bresaola_della_valtellina.jpg

Quick......Wilbur..............hide me !..

I bet would taste great with some Ciabatta, roasted Red Peppers in Oil and some sharp dry Cheese..............of course, some of that Cabernet

Ola'! Vatos y rucas.

Chico aqui.

TB calling me lass nigh for going for heez casa. He say he mucho borracho que la chingada and esposa mrs. blues no es en la cuidad. Ella going to, como se dice en espanol Baltimore for working.

I cooking for TB. He say he wanna' enchiladas pero he no havuh teh tortillas and he only havuh mozzarella for sheeze.

Pinche cabron!

I fine a uno sacco de tortilla cheeps only all eese broken.

I put los broken cheeps con savoya y jalapeno primero.

Entonces I put frijoles y salsa picante. Muy picoso de la madre!

Con pudo pinches queso mozzarella y savoya verde en la horno.

Chico es un cocinero chingon verdad?

Pinche TB only he makuh' de photographia.

Chico doing all cooking an eese deeshwashah' tambien pero TB no gib even one cerveza para Chico!

TB es un culero!

Eese okay porque Chico makuh una fecelojica mierda grande in TB bano.

Chico no flushing toileta!

Hasta la proxima.

Ewwwww!

That's just mean.

I'm done giving Chico alcohol of any kind.

That guy can't handle his party liquor.

He smoke's mota out the yin yang but does he ever give me any?

Oh and btw, dude also broke the chain on the toilet handle last night.

Ima' make him wash and detail my car for that.

I love love love me some Chilaquiles. One of my favorite CJ cuisines.

How does Chico know how to make it?

Wait... Chilaquiles is the epitome of tex-mex.

<----- dumbass

Hey y'all I was drankin' last night.

I present to you TB's Fish Wang's & Chico's Shitty O-Rang's.

Got some salmon going that was dredged in AP flour, jalapeno ranch dressing and finally corn flour, in canola oil in the recessed comal. (I need to come up with a name for that 'thang. Shiny Betty?)

While I was doin' the fish Chico was on o-rang duty. Dude is great with Tex-Mex but can't bread and fry o-rangs worth a crap and I since I was severely buzzed and slightly "over served", I failed to keep an eye on him. 

From what I know he dredged onion rings in flour, then ranch, and then corn flour. Most of his breading fell off!

Behold.

The fish came out perfecto and crispy, tossed in DEFCON 2, and served up with a side of jalapeno ranch. 

Chico got pissed off and split about this time because I refused to give him any booze or hoskey. Dude can't handle his party licker. 

Plah!

I had to eat this by myself.

The DEFCON 2 was the perfect icing on the cake for these wangs. Buttery cayenne deliciousnessess. This ain't my first rodeo doin' up fish this way but the first time I've done it tossing the stuff in a good wing sauce.

Goodern' hell is just not goodern' hell enough to describe just how goodern' hell this sheeit was!

The o-rangs obviously sucked. I ate one and threw the rest on the ground.

Man, been too long since I've posted up in here. 2 beers into the day and looking at that Tex-Mex goodness from Chico got me ta hankerin for a taste of home. So,

Time for some Fatias
1E5DDD8D-3396-475A-BBFA-19B93EDB9264_zpsmjwnlzax.jpg

That's 2 steaks in a Mojo of OJ, Lemon juice and zest, garlic and onion powder,cumin, Sazon Goya and some Jalapeño powder. Now to go with that I've got

Si, Frijoles Borracho
Pintos and Kidney beans, only had 1 pound of Pintos, soaked, cleaned and cooked till soft. Pour off half the water and add 2 beers

033105EE-3D29-454B-A91B-B65732A2DA24_zpsapu4vhsf.jpg

Then add bacon, onion, 2 jalapeños, red and yellow bells, 4 small diced Roma's, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper, Culantro

7A47B795-CDB1-4F43-8FAB-0E0A7C10D862_zpsa4bhpkn4.jpg

Stir that up and ass chicken stock

E2FA2815-8468-4D9C-8B0E-C8A26D9AD1F9_zpscve5wofv.jpg

Let that simmer a good 21/2 hours while the meat marinates. More coming as it unfolds only here on te Drunkin Chef Network ;)

I'm Chef'n for my future Son-In-Law Antonio, from San Antonio (woo, that rhymes :) ) and gotta have it done and ready to serve at noon so yeah, startin early.

Little Prepin music while I get her cleaned up and ready to SLAP some meat on ;)

http://youtu.be/ZbjyuDYtAtk

Back