• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Drunken Chef

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch of Las Vegas. I had picked up some beautiful chix I wanted to deep fry but soon discovered I didn't have enough oil. Why not just drive down to the local grub store and buy it you ask? BECAUSE I WAS PISS DRUNK!! Alrighty then. I grab the bottle of Hornitos tequila and ready myself to begin the destruction. I fire up the cast iron dutch oven and just start throwing stuff in. Olive oil. Garilc. Julieanned shallot. Chix thighs. Gets a little blurry here but I somehow managed to debone the thighs without chopping off my leg but then all good cooks should be able to pull that off. The vast majority of experienced kitchen rats and riffraff cook much better after a bottle of wine or three. Those of you reading this keep that little kitchen tip in mind, especially when family from out of town is around. If the wife is chewing your ass the next day for your drunken lewd and lascivious behavior in the kitchen the previous night, then you know you must have made a helluva meal and did it right.

Continuing on, I soon missplaced my shot glass and decided to dispensed with it all together. Why should tequila have to go through a middleman anyway. Liquors quicker straight from the bottle. I discovered I had a stash of dried pequins from last season and bada bing bada boom in they went. Same with some forlorn looking button mushrooms. Whirring and stirring with a spoon in one hand and the bottle of firewater in the other, why not deglaze the pan with tequila? Excellent idea! Might as well get rid of the rest of the hab salsa I made the other day. In that goes, adios baby! Add some seasalt and cracked black pepper. Whir and stir. Taste. It tastes like burning. Nice.

Somehow during this culinary rampage I managed to take a few pics.

The beginning of the end...

0230.jpg

I think this was chicken..

0228.jpg

Stewing in its own juices, just like me..

0231.jpg

I can't be sure but I think I ate it with tortilla's but who can say. This morning as I looked at the devastation in the Blues Kitchen I reckoned that were I to detonate a hundred pounds of C4
in the middle of it I would only cause about $21.47 worth of damage. Mrs. Blues was not amused but and well acquainted with my late night shenanigans. Ahhh marital bliss.

Now that I have started this thread, I call on all you THP drunks, sots, and gin blossomed heathens to keep it going. Pics are mandatory and it goes without saying that rule number one is...YOU MUST BE DRUNK WHEN COOKING!!

So get the divorce papers ready, get your favorite bottle of liquid stupid and get cookin' ya'll!

Cheers, TB.

I don't normally post in this thread but hey, it's a Guinness :beer: pie, surely that deserves a spot in here. All of the below went in it, that's 3 Scorpions and 4 Choc Habs and about a tablespoon of the Afhan Long powder:

25110001-1.jpg

All beered up:

25110003-1.jpg

Ready for action:

25110005-1.jpg

Plated up with oven roasted garlic, shallots, carrot, pumpkin and potato:

25110007-1.jpg

Now I'm stuffed and struggling to get through the beer but I'll soldier on.

Hmmmmph! Fine then. Allow me to post rebuttal!

A mrs. blues favorite. She loves grilled ahi. Got this chunk yesterday from the hippy joint and going into this marinade for grilling later. I think she'll be taking that tuna to work for her lunch tomorrow...

IMG_2544.jpg

mrs. blues also requested a pork product but without any smoke or some such. Country style ribbage from the same hippy joint.

IMG_2545.jpg

This is what cast iron is for ya'll!!

IMG_2546.jpg

Now into the crockster. True fire and foget!

IMG_2547.jpg

Stay tuned to this same bat channel ya'll!

Ribs in the crock pot.....

Actually, I've done this. It falls to pieces and makes some pretty killer bbq. I never posted it cause I figured I'd get laughed off the planet. :rofl:

Good stuff!!!

Tonights Chile Rellanos stuffed chicken, cream cheese, mexican cheese, jalapenos, and onion. Sauce tomatoes, onions, jalapeno, bell pepper, corn, taco seasoning. Hatch chiles, Pobalano chiles, and bell peppers to stuff, rice and balck beans on the side. Miller Lite all day and for dinner, very nice to finally be wearing my crown. :woohoo: :dance: Good eating in this thread!
IMG_4407.jpg

IMG_4408.jpg

IMG_4410.jpg

I supposed the difference here is that it was MY request for no smoke and crock pot! I HATE eating lots of fatty meat and the crockpot seems to elimininate a lot of that issue, plus it DOES truly fall apart and makes the best pulled pork in my opinion... He makes a killer pot roast in the CP too! but not being a true chili-head TB does his best to oblige me with my chili forum-unworthy cuisine requests so I eat without scorching my taste buds! lol! it was awesome!

Ribs in the crock pot.....

Actually, I've done this. It falls to pieces and makes some pretty killer bbq. I never posted it cause I figured I'd get laughed off the planet. :rofl:

Good stuff!!!

Great to see everyone is still drinking with their peppers, and sharing. Good stuff in this thread. Very nice chile rellanos PRF and you can't beat black beans and rice as a side.

Made some chili verde for the first time ever this afternoon and was very happy with the results. The peppers involved were some pre-cut frozen green chile (anaheim) from the store, some hatch chiles that i bought and froze last year, and some Jamaican Red concentrate that I grew and made last year. Anyway the drink of choice for the day was the modus hoperandi... a great IPA from ska brewing.

Not bad for a first try...
DSC05763.jpg

With the beer...
DSC05766.jpg

And on a burrito
DSC05769.jpg

It was also dynamite with chips...

Tonights Chile Rellanos stuffed chicken, cream cheese, mexican cheese, jalapenos, and onion. Sauce tomatoes, onions, jalapeno, bell pepper, corn, taco seasoning. Hatch chiles, Pobalano chiles, and bell peppers to stuff, rice and balck beans on the side. Miller Lite all day and for dinner, very nice to finally be wearing my crown. :woohoo: :dance: Good eating in this thread!
IMG_4407.jpg

IMG_4408.jpg

IMG_4410.jpg

ALL DAT CHEESE! :drooling:

I supposed the difference here is that it was MY request for no smoke and crock pot! I HATE eating lots of fatty meat and the crockpot seems to elimininate a lot of that issue, plus it DOES truly fall apart and makes the best pulled pork in my opinion... He makes a killer pot roast in the CP too! but not being a true chili-head TB does his best to oblige me with my chili forum-unworthy cuisine requests so I eat without scorching my taste buds! lol! it was awesome!

HA!!!!

How many people on THP can say they've gotten a direct response to the ever-elusive Mrs. Blues! I truly feel privileged! And, yes, the crock pot is a wonderful thing!

PRF...cheeses crisp on a crutch!! I WANT THAT!!!!

mrs. blues...you have undone me. I now await the wrath of THP!

I think it's awesome....no retribution from the Circle-H!

EDIT: By the way...if you add some liquid smoke to the meat when you start the crock pot, it kinda helps add back a tinge of smokiness.

Gallon, that green chili looks awesome! I cant get that in Miami...unless I make it myself. That burrito looked cozy all sunggled up in it.
Never had good beer in a can, though I know it can be done. Great job!

PRF, those look like saucy poppers on steroids. Thats good drunken cheffery!

Awesome job both of you!

FD

HA!!!!

How many people on THP can say they've gotten a direct response to the ever-elusive Mrs. Blues! I truly feel privileged! And, yes, the crock pot is a wonderful thing!

I can say that TB and I got a "personal" response when she came home and saw her kitchen littered with empty beer cans, half eaten food, and tons of dirty dishes and pans from our get together in the big dry ditch! :rofl:

Back