• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Last Great Pizza Thread

'Bout time we had a thread for all those that make their own dough and sauce. Too many good cooks on THP to let something as magnificent as that king of foods, pizza go unnoticed on this forum. This thread however comes with some rules to post...

1) Make your own dough and post the recipe. Thin crust. Whole wheat. Foccacia. NY or Chicago style. Naan....your choice!

2) Make your own sauce and post the recipe. Red. White. Olive oil w/ garlic. Whatever gets your mojo workin'!

3) Mandatory that it brings teh heat. Habs. Serrano's. Bhut's. T-Scorps. Fatalli. Hot sauce's and puree's will qualify. Using wimp sauce's such as Tabasco Brand or Franks will
be ridiculed with extreme prejudice and boooooed heavily!

4) Toppings can be anything. Pepperoni. Avocado. Greek olives. Pulled pork. If it came out of the ground or walked, swam or crawled, its all cool and the gang!

5) Bake them in the oven on a sheet pan. In cast iron. A pizza stone. On the grill. Got a wood fired pizza oven? Have mercy!

6) Pics are mandatory! Anyone can talk smack about it but put up or shut up. No pics? It never happened and ridiculing and boooooing will follow. Capiche?

Alright ya'll, lets get it on.....

luvmesump3pp3rz said:
^ Great movie :)
Pumpkin I carved a few years ago for Halloween ;)
4E196129-7715-48AF-8482-AC906D6B310D.jpeg

Siv said:
I tried a standard Neapolitan dough recipe this weekend (flour, water, yeast, salt). It was good but not as good as my usual where I add olive oil and season the dough. I'm going to keep experimenting to see if I can improve on my standard version but so far it doesn't look promising.

50057023101_7fd1f7d63b_c.jpg

Whatchoo talkin bout Willis?

There ain't a dadgum thang wrong with that pizza.

The sponge air on the border.

And it carry's over to the thin crust center.

Post your recipe for that.

Many on this forum would love that pizza crust.

It looks outstandingly chingono!

texas blues said:

Whatchoo talkin bout Willis?

There ain't a dadgum thang wrong with that pizza.

The sponge air on the border.

And it carry's over to the thin crust center.

Post your recipe for that.

Many on this forum would love that pizza crust.

It looks outstandingly chingono!

True, the dough looks great and had nice chew but no flavour. Here's the recipe in weight % (so if you do 500g flour, you add 300g or ml water, 5g salt and 5g yeast)

100% Flour (either high protein pizza flour or AP flour with added vital wheat gluten to get to around 12% protein)
60% Water
1% Salt
1% Yeast

I am pretty sure that salt percentage is light.

Should be about 2 1/2 to 3 % if I remember correctly .

You don't really say how long you ferment, a couple days is good for flavour development though

Reactions: Siv
Ashen said:
I am pretty sure that salt percentage is light.

Should be about 2 1/2 to 3 % if I remember correctly .

You don't really say how long you ferment, a couple days is good for flavour development though

You're probably right. I'm gonna try again today with 2.5% salt and leave it in the fridge for Friday.

Quattro Formaggi w/mozzarella, ricotta, gorgonzola, scamorza!

(This usually comes as a white pizza but getting it with sauce makes it the best pie in my hood and this has been my special order for years!)

IMG_20200623_205450.jpg

The pizza rocks! They roll out consistency like a fast food joint as in, always the same, never had a bad pie! Wood oven, awesome crust and ingredients, and they cook it perfectly. 11 years strong using this joint. I cheat once in awhile and wonder why I tried another place.

Back